Bruised

-An hour later-

Nat's POV

I was lying in my room by myself reflecting on everything that had gone down.It was almost all a blur which was surprising because usually I remember everything.

There was still a slight sting on where the bullet had hit me, but it's not major.

Tap tap.

"James come in",I smirked at his metal hand against my door.

He walked in anxiously replying "Sorry did I wake you".

"No. Can't sleep",I said truthfully.

He nodded his head "Same".

I moved over slowly so he could lie next to me.

We lay like that for a few minutes until we fell asleep.

I woke up before James and realised my stitches had reopened from the way I was lying.

"Shit.",I muttered under my breath trying to get out of James's grasp.However I ended up waking him anyway, he's a really light sleeper.

"You alright?",He asked tiredly.

"Yes...yes",I replied, quickly walking to the bathroom.

I sat down and lifted up my shirt, there was quite a lot of blood.

I got my stitches out of my cupboard, and started trying to mend myself together.In truth, that's never going to happen.

"Ahh",I winced a little louder than I intended to.I've done this countless of times I should be used to it.

"You alright?",Bucky asked through the door.

"Fuck",I muttered under my breath.

He slowly opened the door and quickly walked in.

"Crap Nat, you should've told me",He exclaimed quickly walking up to me.

"I didn't want to worry you",I winced as he continued doing my stitches.

"You need to get this looked at",He replied.

"No hospitals",We said at the same time.

"Yes I know",He continued, chuckling lightly to lighten the mood.

-A week later-

Alexi was taken straight to the raft, Steve and Bucky thought that it was best if I didn't interrogate him, which was annoying.

Me and James were both sitting across the room from one another as everyone sat together watching a movie.

No one knew we were still officially together, apart from Steve.

I watched him chuckle lightly to the tv, not even noticing I was watching him, that's all I wanted in life.

...........

Red room 1946

I came back from sparring with James and went straight to my dorm, there to greet me was Yelena, she wasn't really my friend, just the one person I trusted the most, which was still very little.

"Why are you smiling?"She asked me, confused.

"Oh, it's nothing".I replied.

"Tell me, before someone else questions you",She said more sternly.

We aren't meant to show emotion.

"....I think I have feelings",I replied.

"Feelings as in love, don't be so stupid Natalia",She said tapping my wrist.