Chapter 41: Domestication and Detox

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

Chapter Forty-One: Domestication and Detox

"Can I sleep next to you tonight?" Shigure asked. They were lying on Tohru's bed.

"Sure."

Tohru knew she could trust him.

The next morning, Tohru woke at seven. She picked herself out of Shigure's loose grasp to take a shower before school. The sheets rustled as she tiptoed away; she spun back. He had taken a pillow and hugged it to his chest. He sighed happily. She watched him – admiring the silken hair that fell over his eyes, and listened to his steady breathing. She smiled.

Lifting a blind, she saw the clear sky; the promise of a good day.

She hummed in the shower and stopped when she felt a prickle at the nape of her neck. Someone was in the bathroom. Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum.

"Shigure?" She asked tentatively, wringing her hands close to her chest.

"Don't worry; I'm only using the toilet." Though I would love to come in; if only you offered

She sighed and continued watching lathering her hair with shampoo.

She peeked from behind the curtain to find Shigure brushing his teeth with a spare pink toothbrush. He wore green boxers. The muscles in his back were relaxed. He hummed a jolly tune from her favorite cartoon show when she was a child.

After he rinsed his mouth, he asked, "Do you need me to give you a back wash?"

"Uh…" She had not had anyone 'take care' of her physically since her mom passed away. No one to comb her hair. No one to read her stories. No one to bake her sweets. No one to make sure she looked decent for school or work. She yearned for those small trials of life. She guessed it was alright if he gave her a back wash. She would crouch down, her breasts held tight against her knees, and cover all her parts. After she settled herself in a good position, she called for him to open the curtains. Shigure was surprised that she accepted his offer. It was really like throwing an arrow in the dark. He hit the target! He guessed that she was feeling more comfortable around him, and that pleased him. It was one of the few times someone trusted him.

When he touched her shoulder, she jerked away, from the coolness of the loofah.

"Are you alright?" He asked, the scent of his mint toothpaste misting her neck.

"I'm fine."

He scrubbed her back in gentle circles. After Shigure washed off all the suds, he leaned back on his heels and admired his work; her back was clean.

Tohru was ready to tell him to leave, but then she felt something soft on her back. Shigure's sensual lips. Not seeing his face sensitized the situation.

"Shigure!" Her voice was tender and beautiful when she screamed his name. She twisted her shoulder to look at him with her large doe eyes. Blood rushed to Shigure's cock. It swelled uncomfortably. He coughed. "Eh, I should go now!" Before I come in my boxers. He left the bathroom quickly.

Shigure went to his room and fixed himself in the bathroom.

The next several days passed without much drama. Shigure was becoming more… domesticated. He was helping her with the groceries, picking her up after school, washing the dishes, sweeping the porch, visiting their vegetable garden. He took pride in watering the sprouts and pulling weeds. Ha Yuki; beat that!I am king of the garden!