Chapter 26: Morning Jitters

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

Warning: Sexual innuendos.

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

Chapter Twenty-Six: Morning Jitters

The alarm sounded at six in the morning. Tohru peeked open one eye to hit the alarm, but two arms wrapped around her upper torso, and two bare muscular legs wrapped around her lower half prevented any movement. She squirmed and woke the perpetrator.

"Ooo, good morning Tohru. What are you doing in my bed?" he asked, sleepily.

"Ahh, can you let go of me for a moment? I'm sorry, but I need to turn off the alarm."

She heard a loud grunt, and felt Shigure release his arms. "I'll regret that," he muttered under his breath. Tohru saw his hands disappear beneath the down comforter. At the same moment she shut off the buzzing alarm, she heard Shigure moan. She looked down at herself. She was naked! Ah! The towel that had covered her body the night before had fallen away.

The man was in dear pain! Morning wood! At least he was not wearing any tight restraining pants, and his hands could delve right to the problem and 'fix' it.

"Are you okay, Shigure?" Tohru asked innocently, covering her breasts.

What are you going to do about it? He wanted to ask her.

"Fine. Get back into bed if you're just going to sit there and gape at me. Or at least cover my exposed - bare - friggin - leg with the blanket."

"Sorry." She had three hours until she had to get to her class. Luckily she had picked later classes. She was a early bird, but she needed to stay home to make breakfast for Shigure and do some morning chores (laundry, ironing, window-scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, organizing the bookshelves, scrapping the scum off the bottom of the tub, sweeping the roof—as odd as that sounds; among others). Tohru wrapped herself in the blanket, which wasn't much, because Shigure was hogging it all. Men and blankets.

Shigure returned from the bathroom and got into bed.

She fell asleep in the edge of the bed.

Shigure waited until she was fully asleep before talking to himself aloud.

"What the hell is going on? Why do I always find myself sleeping with Tohru? Why is she naked? I must get 'drunk' at night and drift here, because I never remember how I get into her bed. Ai-yah!

"But it's okay, right? Because we are 'dating'? Aren't I her boyfriend?... Yes, I am. She has been blessed with such a talented, handsome, wonderful man."

He fell asleep with his arm swung over her neck, his index finger twirling her hair contentedly.

Tohru woke up with a start at a quarter to eight. "Yikes!"

She scrambled out of bed quickly (before he could get a good look at her), leaving Shigure to fend for his 'new' wood. "Oh great."

He got out of bed and decided to take a quick cold shower in her bathroom. He didn't want to go downstairs and risk any questions about his lovely protruding penis. Not that she would look there… He was only taking precautions.

He went into her bathroom, only to discover that marbled tiles were tinged with red. Ugh, that dried blood.

He decided it was better to go downstairs. He tip-toed down the stairs. It creaked on the third to last step, gosh darn, he forgot about that one!