Chapter 20: Two Little Piggies Went to Market

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

Chapter Twenty (wow!):

Two Little Piggies Went to Market

He clasped both of her hands in his and guided her to the ladder. She climbed out first, and he followed.

The sun was just beginning to come out from behind the clouds.

He took out the key from his robe and locked the basement. Today he had killed two birds with one stone (actually three). First of all, he had fulfilled step 7. He was well on his way; he had to do at least five every two weeks. He was ahead. Secondly, he had gotten a bit of the burden off his chest. Thirdly, he had a passionate kiss with Tohru! It was delicious!

The mood seemed to lighten.

"Bike or walking?"

"Walking," Tohru said firmly. Actually, she was still a bit afraid of the bike.

They walked out of the long driveway and walked on the side of the road to a shopping plaza that Shigure said was "just around the corner".

They giggled at silly things and Shigure told jokes. He felt a hundred times better. Tohru always seemed to brighten up the atmosphere. Just as they were turning the corner onto another road, a car came toward them at full throttle. Shigure quickly pulled Tohru off the road, into his chest, and jumped back into the forest.

"Are you okay Tohru?" he said, as he breathed heavily for a few minutes. He helped her up. She plopped right down on the ground, heaving. Shigure sat up, leaning on his arms behind him.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"I'm great," except that I'm sprouting a hard-on after almost getting killed. Wow, I'm just a dandy freak. My body aches too. I never do this kind of heroic thing.

Tohru mouth curved into a smile.

"What?"

"You have twigs in you hair."

They had just jumped into a grassy knoll.

"I least I don't have mushrooms, fungi, in mine."

Tohru moved her hands up to her hair and felt around. "I don't," she protested.

He grinned, pulling her arm out, it was covered in little scratches. Apparently his heroic efforts had gone in vain. She was still hurt!

"We need to get those bits out."

Tohru didn't protest. With careful precision, he took out the little twigs and such. She winced, but didn't say anything. Her cheeks became heated to his touch. "There we go," he finished off.

"Thank you very much."

"You're welcome, me lady."

Tohru leaned over him to pick out the wonderful little specimens from his luscious locks.

Shigure pulled Tohru to her feet and they each brushed the other off. Shigure hadn't thought, it was instinct. To clean up Tohru.

How odd.

He'd never done a thing like that (except when his mom was still alive, and even at that, it was rare).

Tohru giggled as she picked off twigs, leaves, and clumps of moist mud off Shigure's back.