Chapter 48: Unwanted (Untamed)

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

A/N: Thanks for the reviews.

Warning: There is a disturbing sexually explicit scene (definitely NC-17). Violent. Seriously. Please skip this chapter (read the tamed version - next chapter; still mature) if you are squeamish or easily scared. I don't want to be held responsible for tainting one's mind. I will post a 'less explicit' chapter for those who would rather read something different, so you guys can't get mad at me! :) It will have the basically the same stuff (with a bit of new stuff) without the smut. This way, all my readers can enjoy the story! Love you all!

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

UNTAMED:

Chapter Forty-Eight: Unwanted

She came out of the woods, to the edge of the cliff hanging over the stone basin. She looked back at him quizzically; her eyes squinting in the blinding morning sun. "Let's go Shigure."

"I'm coming." He huffed. There was a deep hole in his chest. He heard the distant sound of rushing water. The sound of destruction, exploding, crackling, simmering under the heat. He was going to do it tonight. Break her heart and his. It had been several weeks since he had first read the letter.

Oh, how he wished he could fall into the deep trench in the dry ground. She smiled at him, her paleness, blinding. "I'm glad we brought our bathing suits."

She wore a pale blue dress. She looked so small and fragile. She came to him and took his hand in hers. Together, they descended the sandy knoll to the basin.

"It's beautiful, isn't Shigure?"

"It's great." He stood still, his hand in hers. He wanted to remember her touch forever.

She would not forgive him this time.

She pulled her hand to her chest in all her excitement.

She did not notice the hollowness of his cheeks, the cold ice of his eyes, or the way his yukata was clinging to his ribs. She was too caught up in her love for him, for he was the most beautiful, enchanting creature, no, God, she had come upon. And the fact that they were together, had been for months, made her warm all over. It did not bother her that he treated her like an object sometimes, because deep down, she knew he cared for her. He felt corrosive bile rise in his throat. I have to do this tonight. He had thrown up so many times in the past several weeks. He had not eaten anything.

She stood on a rock. He raised his head to look at her. The last time.

I'm going to hurt you tonight, my darling. I can't sugarcoat anything tonight. I've been holding off this day. Please don't look at me that way. Forgiving. Loving. You are too kind. Too easy. Too impressionable. Too naïve.

He turned his eyes from hers. He had not right to look at her in such a way. She was pure. He was sullied. A liar. He had promised to care for her. His head was clouded with so much desperate, determined, distressing pain.

"Tohru? Can we leave? I'm not feeling well."

There was no hesitation in her voice. "Hai."

The long bus ride home was quiet. Tohru sensed something wrong, but she did not say anything. Her mom always said storms come and go, and not to interfere. She leaned her head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

At home, he looked himself in the bathroom. He collapsed in front of the toilet and heaved until he was dry. Someone might as well douse my heart in acid because after tonight, a part of me will be perished. He turned on the cold tap water. He cupped water in his shaking hands and washed his face, his mouth. It did nothing to wash away that feeling of disgust.! Akito, Akito, Akito, you won't let go, will you? You know I'm in deep, and now you just want to tear it away from me? I care about her! This latest step: you want be to use my imagination, eh?