[Hyde/Vampire] Kill Him//3

A week passed after i got hired by Takanori. Nothing too exciting happend.
I was just working as a maid and haven't seen him around much.

I wonder where he went all the time, it felt like he had another place to stay and this was just some type of summer house to him.
How am i supposed to kill him, if i can't even get near him?

I went down to the kitchen the first thing in the morning on my 2nd week there. My duty was cleaning the kitchen that day, so i went over in the morning. One of the other maids came in and told me that i was supposed to go to the market with her that day. Someone else was going to take over my kitchen duty for that particular morning.

So we packed up the money and got into the carriage to go into the village a bit further down from the villa.
We looked around for the things needed in the house, i got half of the list with things to find in the market and went the other way, so that we would be faster.

Looking at the list and the amount of the things to get, i was wondering who would actually eat all these? Takanori was never around, are we going to eat all these or is there going to be another party?

So the first thing on the list was Tomates, i started looking around. As i was approching one of the tables i saw tomatoes being sold on, i saw someone coming towards me, who was wearing a long coat and had his hood over his head. I wasn't thinking much of it since a lot of people were walking around like that and it was quite crowded in the market, so i was just trying to get past the people. Suddenly i felt a hand pull me in the other direction. I realized that the guy who was grabbing my hand was the guy who just passed me with the long coat.

I looked down on his hand and saw a ring i had seen before.
It was Camui.
He probably needed to talk to me, but surely not here in front of all these people.
I just followed him, he realized quite quickly and let go of my hand since i was following him anyway.

He went into a small sidewalk and turned left into the corner.
I quickly followed him, but as i turned to the corner i couldnt see him anymore. There was a door, so tried to open it and as i was trying to look in, a hand just grabbed and pulled me in quickly.

"So?" he just said while still holding onto my wrist.

"So what?" i asked as if i didn't know what he was talking about.

"You know what i mean. Were you able to befriend him?" he asked directly.

"Well..." i whispered and looked down.
He quickly put his finger under my chin and forced me to look up.

"I wasn't able to talk to him yet" i said bluntly.

To my surprise he didn't get mad, he just let me go and turned around.
"I guess he still has the tendency to not stay at home a lot, right?" he asked and i just nodded, which he didnt see, but imagined.

He sat down on one of the 4 chairs that were standing around a huge table. I looked around a bit and realized that we are probably inside some dining place. When i looked back to Camui, he was looking me up and down. As he saw that i had noticed he just started to grin.

"I missed you. It has been too quiet at my place since you left" he said and continued smiling.

"Well i am very happy at my new place" i said while also smiling.

He quickly came up to me and looked down. "See, thats what i mean"
He came way too close to my face, i tried to back down but i felt his hand on my back. His lips came even closer to mine, he just stayed in that position for few seconds.
"We will do this as soon as you complete your mission" he whispered and pulled away.

He walked out while i was still a bit shocked as to how close he had came. When i finally followed him out he was already gone. Not to be found again in the whole market.
After that i just started getting all the things on the list and we were again on the way back.

When we got back, i realized that Takanori was home, because everyone was running around, cleaning and preparing, everything seemed so stressed and chaotic suddenly.
Maybe another party?

The maid i had gone to the market with pulled me into the kitchen and told me to put everything away we had bought.

One of the older maids that was personally assigned to bring things up to his room or clean his room suddenly came into the kitchen and whispered something to another maid.

That other maid looked in my direction and signed me to come over. I put down the bag of potatoes and walked over to her.

"He wants you to bring up his drink" she said while looking at me with a bit of disgust. I just nodded and she started to prepare the drink.
"When you bring this up, do everything quickly, open the door, quickly walk to the bed table and put this down, bow down and get out. Do not talk to him or disturb him"

I just nodded to everything she said and started walking up.
I can't just leave the room without even talking to him a bit. This might be my one and only chance. Who knows when he will be back home again.

I walked in and saw him putting on a new vest.
He didn't turn around when he heard me enter the room. I walked over to his bed table and put the drink down there.
I looked at his back, while he was still bottening up the front.
I guess he realized that i was still standing there after putting down the drink and turned around.

"Do you need anything?" he asked with a poker face.

"I just.." i started stuttering. I didn't know how to start a conversation at this point.
"I was just wondering why you wanted me to bring up the drink"
He continued looking at me without showing any expression.

"I haven't seen you in a while. I wanted to see whether you are still here" he said and finally his expression loosened up and i saw a little smile.

"Where did you go?" i asked and regretted very quickly. Why would i ask it so bluently?

"You are indeed quite brave." he said and started to step towards me.
"Why are you asking? Did you miss me? Do you think i was betraying you? Were you getting jealous?" he asked question after question, i couldn't even register them all, before i could say anything he was already as close as Camui today.

"I am sorry, i just got curious" i said and tried to bow a bit, while i felt my head bump into his chest lightly. I was about to turn around, when i felt his hand grab my wrist.

"Since you are so curious, you should stay." he said and pulled me towards the big chair besides his bed. He lightly pushed me into the chair and turned around again.

"You can stay around if you want to" he said and sat down on the bed. "But i might not keep you company, i will just do my thing, ok?"

I just nodded, without really understanding what he meant. Why would he tell me to stay if we are not going to interact or if he doesnt have anything to do for me.

He took out a book out of his bed table and leaned back into the bed to read.
He must have been reading for 2 hours, i kept thinking of standing up and going down, because he had left me the choice to go, but if i leave now who knows when i will be able to get closer to him the next time.

I stopped counting the hours, it was already dark outside and i was getting very tired by just sitting there watching him read.
He didn't lift his gaze once from the book.

My eyelids were giving up and just shutting down every two seconds. I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

"Are you tired?" i suddenly heard his voice and i jumped up in my seat.
"Ahm no no, i am good" i said and started rubbing my eyes.

"I am wondering...." he almost whispered while standing up again and putting the book away.
"why you are still here?"

"Ahm well you told me to stay..."

"But i also left you the choice to go. I can't imagine you staying near me when you have the choice not to"

He was right, he knew he was right, but how would i explain myself?

"It seems like you want something from me?" he asked without showing any type of expression yet again.

"Want? No, i am just a bit curious, since you are not around a lot. I am sorry, if that made you uncomfortable" i said and stood up from the chair. "I think i should leave now"

I started walking towards the door when he started talking again, which made me freeze instantly.

"I will give you time until tomorrow evening to tell me what you want here" he said and my heart started beating insanely.
Does he know something? No, he cant know it. I continued to walk towards the door and grabbed the doorknob, i was trying to calm down my heart somehow, because i was sure he would pick up on it. I managed to get out of the room.

So what now? He surely knows something.
What am i going to tell him?