Chapter 14

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is May 13, 2021. I'm getting my vaccine next Wednesday, and I highly encourage everyone else to do so, too! Ages 12+ are eligible! Look at guidelines in your area. Anyways, I was reminiscing about the time my friends tricked me into putting Vicks Vaporub under my eyes and now my teacher has made that the focus of the entire lesson.

Jogging back quickly to meet up with Loki and Thor, one of which is entering codes into a security panel. "Hey, so listen, now that you're all here, we should talk," Thor says.

"I disagree. Open communication was never our family's forte," Loki smirks.

"You have no idea. I've had quite the revelation since we spoke last spoke."

The door opens, revealing a bunch of guards. The three of them all heft up their own large Sakaarian guns.

"Hello!"

"Hi!"

"'Sup, bitches?"

All three of them blast the guards, moving to another door. "Odin and Frigga brought us together, it's almost poetic that their deaths should split us apart. We might as well be strangers now. "Two sons and daughter of the crown" set adrift.

A guard tries to ambush Loki through the door, but Y/n grabs the wrist and twists it before jerking it, slamming the guard's head into the door and knocking it out.

"Thought you didn't want to talk about it?" She mocks. The door opens into a glass elevator and all three step in, awkwardly standing shoulder to shoulder while it ascends.

"Here's the thing. We're probably better off staying here on Sakaar," Loki finally says.

"That's exactly what I was thinking."

"Did you just agree with him?" Y/n asks.

"This place is perfect for you two. It's savage, chaotic, lawless. Brother, sister, you're going to do great here. Maybe have some little monsters running around."

Y/n bites the inside of her cheek at the thought, reminded of the conversation she and Loki had in their cell when they thought they had lost their future. "Do you truly think so little of us?" Loki asks for her.

Thor consideres this statement. "Loki, I thought the world of you. I thought we were gonna all fight side by side...by side forever. But, at the end of the day, you're you, I'm me...I don't know, maybe there's still good in you, but let's be honest our paths diverged a long time ago."

Y/n and Loki simultaneously feel their hearts breaking at his willingness to discard them, and they feel it in the other as well. "It's probably for the best that we never see one another again," Y/n finally says, pushing power into keeping her voice even.

Thor pats both of their shoulders affectionately. "That's what you both always wanted." He pauses. "Hey, let's do 'Get Help.'"

"What?"

"'Get Help.'"

"No."

"Yes!" Y/n grins.

"Come on, you love it."

"I do love it," she chuckles.

"I hate it."

"It's great. It works every time."

"It's humiliating."

"That's the goal." Y/n hums. "Do you have a better plan?"

"...No."

"We're doing it," Y/n concludes, bumping elbows with Thor triumphantly.

"We are not doing Get Help.'"