Chapter 23

Danny's POV

At the end of Elizabeth's shift we dropped Billy off at his home, before I started to drive both me and Elizabeth to my place.

"What takeaway do you fancy?" I ask her.

"How about.....pizza or Parmesan or something?" She suggests.

"Sounds good," I smile as I carry on looking at the road.

"Danny your nose is bleeding," Elizabeth says in concern as she goes in her bag and gets a tissue out of a new pack before putting it to my nose for me as I carried on driving.

"Oh," is all I say.

"Oh?" She exaggerates, "your nose is bleeding and you say oh?"

"Yeah, I get them sometimes," I shrug, "it's caused by stress."

"You're stressed right now?" She frowns.

"No," I chuckle, "it's when I'm relaxed after stress that the nose bleed happens," I explain.

"And that's only when you're stressed?" She sighs.

"Well I wake up with nose bleeds sometimes," I shrug, "but I've had it checked out and there's nothing to be concerned about."

"Oh, good," she says with a breath of relief.

Taking my hand of the gear stick I take the tissue in my hand allowing Elizabeth to let go and sit back.

"What day is it tomorrow?" I frown.

"It's Friday," Elizabeth tells me.

"Which means you're not in college doesn't it?" I ask.

"Yeah," she sighs before looking down at her hands.

"Doing anything?" I ask her.

"I have a good bit of college work to get on with so I'll probably just do that," she shakes her head giving me a brush off kind of smile.

"Well I finish at 12 so do you want to go out for lunch?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah I'd like that," she smiles a really happy smile.

I like making her happy. She deserves to be happy.