12~Back

A/N  Hey, so Idek if I really like this chapter, but I couldn't think of anything else and I felt like I needed to upload a new chapter so here it is. I like it, I just don't know if it's really necessary... Idk, it sets up the next few chapters quite well but yeah idk. Hope you enjoy it anyway :)

On 4th November we were allowed to take Elsie home. She was still quite ill, but she was okay to go home. We picked her up at 9:00 and got her home for 11:00. Then at 12:30 Dan was going to a hospital for Jack (his son). Zoe, Alfie, Jim, Tanya, Anna, Jonathan, Eduardo, Emilia, PJ, Chris, Louise, Matt and Darcy were coming over tomorrow for Elsie's party. Zoe and Alfie were staying at ours overnight and were coming over at about 4:00 and I was vlogging Elsie's birthday.

Elsie was having a nap and I was just wrapping some presents up there was a knock on the door. I went downstairs in trackies and a hoody and opened the door, expecting Zoe and Alfie. Instead I saw a tall man towering over me. Richard had come back for me. There was no-one to help me this time, Phil was out with some mates and Dan was still with Jack having some father son time. My eyes went wide and Richard smiled.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asked

"He just popped to the shops." I lied

"Hmm, and where's Phil?"

"Next door."

"You are lying to me Jess, Phil isn't next door."

I tried to think rationally and act calmly but all I could think about was Elsie, if I could jut make it to her room... Then he barged in. I tried to shout for help, but Richard covered my mouth.

"Don't worry I don't want to hurt you, just your boyfriend. Mentally, emotionally and physically." Richard said "Lets see what could I do with you? Ah, I know." He pulled me to the living room and tied me onto one of the dining room chairs.

"You're sick, you know that." I stated

"I would watch your tongue if I were you, I could get your daughter if I wanted."

"Leave Elsie alone."

"Only if you behave." I sighed silently. "Now, I want you to phone Dan and get him to come over here."

"What if I refuse?"

"Well, you''ll see won't you."

"No."

"Now, think about this harder for a little longer."

"No, I won't do it."

"Fine." Richard disappeared and went into the kitchen. I could hear him rustling around in the kitchen and the clanking of metal. He walked back in with a knife. He held it to my arm and pressed it there. "Phone Dan or I will cut your arm."

"No." I was shaking slightly. He pressed the knife harder and it cut into my skin.

"Phone Dan."

"No."

"Fine." He got my phone and called Dan himself. He pressed the knife into my arm again and I screamed. I could hear Dan in the phone:

"Jess?"

"Jess, can you hear me!?"

"Jess are you okay?"

"I'm coming over now."

Richard hung up and smiled. He lent over me and lifted my chin up.

"Here he comes. Say goodbye to your boyfriend." Then he kissed me. His lips tasted of blood and when I didn't kiss him back he hit me. He continued to hit me and then the door clicked open. He wouldn't stop though and Dan walked up the stairs. He looked distraught. His face was red, his eyes were swimming in tears, his hair was severely windswept and his brown eyes were wide.

"Jess..." He said "Get off her!"

Richard smiled and finally stopped. Even though he had stopped I still felt weak , I felt like he was still hitting me, every mark on my skin being hit over and over.

"What are you going to do about it?" Richard asked, walking towards Dan. "You can't stay in your pants long enough to even have a relationship."

Then Dan punched him. I saw Richard on the floor and heard the doorbell ring. I felt arms wrap around me after a few moment and I breathed in. Dan. I heard a voice in the background asking for an ambulance. Zoe. Dan untied me and I fell into his arms. He kissed me softly and I started to cry.

"Dan, he, he..." I stuttered

"I know Jess. I know. It's okay now though. You'll be fine. I promise." Dan whispered back

"Where is he?" I asked, suddenly noticing that Richard wasn't on the floor anymore.

"He ran, but he won't get you again okay?"

"But Dan-"

"Shhhh."

I just cried in his arms, we fell to the floor and I sat on his lap facing him. I snuggled my head into Dan's chest and I must've gone to sleep because when I opened my eyes the room was dark and no-one was in there apart from Dan and I. Dan was asleep, his chest rising and falling slowly. I twisted my engagement ring around on my finger and smiled.

I looked on the engravings and read it out loud quietly to myself  "Jan 5ever. Dan and Jess."

Then Dan replied "I love you always, I love yo u 5ever."

"I love you as much as I love nutella."

"Almost"

"We're my OTP baby you and me"

"We'd be so sexy"

"I love you Dan."

"I love you too Jess." He kissed me and I smiled. It felt like if we just stayed here in this moment forever nothing would be wrong and we could be happy. We could be normal. No chance of normalness. Normalness leads to sadness I guess.