38~Crumbling

~6 months later-March 16th~

"DANIEL WILL YOU GET YOUR DAUGHTER READY!" I shouted down the corridor. Joseph was crying again and we had 5 minutes to get Elsie to school. Dan had slept in and Elsie wasn't even dressed yet.

"I'm coming." Dan called. I heard the thud of feet coming towards the living room where Elsie had just finished breakfast. He came round the corner and picked Elsie up. He took her downstairs as I tried to calm Joseph down.

"I'm going to try to put him in the car!" I shouted as I opened the door of our flat.

"Okay. We will be out in a couple of minutes."

"You had better be." I walked out, Joseph's cries reduced to a soft whimper as I put him in the car seat. I turned the engine on and put on some disney songs. 2 minutes later Dan and Elsie came running out of the building and jumped into the car. Dan did Elsie's seatbelt up and jumped into the passenger side.

We got to the school 3 minutes late.

"Hey, I'm sorry Jess. I should have got up." Dan apologised when we got back home and Joseph was in his cot.

"Don't apologise Dan. I shouldn't have shouted at you." I told him, embracing him.

He sighed and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Jess." Dan stated into my hair.

"I love you too Dan. So much." I told Dan into his chest.

"Once upon a time?"

I looked up at Dan and smiled. We went into the livingroom and watched 10 minutes of OUAT before Joseph woke up and wanted a feed.

~2 hours later-11:45am~

"Jess, is it ok if I go out for lunch with some youtubers?" Dan asked.

"Yeah sure." I said

"Do you want to come?"

"No I'm okay thanks babe. But if you could drop me and Joe off at Waitrose it would make life easier."

"Sure, grab your coat Jess."

I got a black coat from the wardrobe and picked Joseph up. Dan held my waist and we walked out of the flat. Dan grabbed an umbrella and put it up when we got out of the building. Dan covered Joseph and I as I secured him in the car and then I went into the passenger seat.

"We need to pick Jim, Tan, Cat and Phil up first Jess." Dan told me as he jumped into the drivers seat.

"Ok." I said. He lent over and kissed me and then on the way to picking everyone up fast car came on. Dan and I sang along to it. That was followed by paint the town green when we picked Jim and Tanya up.

We got to Waitrose and I took Joseph.

"Bye Jim, bye Tan, bye Cat, bye Phil. Have fun guys." I said. Then I went to the front.

"See ya soon Jessie." Dan said as I lent in and kissed him.

"Love you Daniel." I said. He hugged me and I kissed him again.

"See you soon." He repeated.

I waved with Joseph as they disappeared into the distance. I walked into Waitrose and we did our shopping. I got a taxi to the flat an hour later and asked Anna round as I was bored and alone.

We watched Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban together and then my phone rang. Then my heart broke. Then my world was destroyed. Then, at that moment in time nothing was perfect and nothing was okay.

I told you.