16~Blame it on me

Dan's pov

It's all my fault.

Jess had done this because of me and everyone knew it. Why did I do it? Why did I believe Richard and his lackeys? Why? I can't live like this anymore. I can't live with the guilt.

She had been in a comma for days now. I hadn't left my room. I realized in those days what Phil did in his room when he was depressed, he tried to find an escape, anything. He found pills, but I couldn't die, I couldn't give up on Elsie. So I just sat there and thought about how it was my fault how everything was my fault.

It was the second baby we had lost and every time it's been my fault, my problem and Jess is the one who has to take the blame? That isn't fair.

I need to see her. I need her back. Jess.

Months. Months without her, months.

I can't live anymore, I can't live with this all running through my head. Jess is going to die and it is all my fault.

As I tipped the pills into my hand Phil stormed in "Dan! No, don't do it!" He shouted. He hit the pills out of my hand and a mass of blue and white ran across the floor.

"Just let me die Phil! I can't live with the guilt." I pleaded with him, crying into his shoulder.

"No. You might feel heart broken, but think about Jess, when she wakes up she will be told that because of what she did she lost another baby, because of what she did her soul make committed suicide, because of what she did she will have to go through counseling and to top it all off her ex boyfriend is on the loose and she wont have a fiancee to defend her. Think about her Dan. Think about Elsie, it isn't fair on her either. Grow some balls and grow up." Phil left and closed the door behind him.

I got up and walked into the living room.

"Phil?" I asked timidly

"Dan?" Phil asked shocked

"I need to see her."

"Okay, get dressed and we will go now."

"Okay." I went and got changed and we went to the hospital. 

We were led to Jess's room and when I went in he was there, puffy eyed. Jim.

Jim's POV

I went to see her again when the hospital visiting times allowed me to. I went straight to her, my hair was a mess, my eyes were red and then I started to cry. I had just stopped and dried my eyes when the door opened. I looked around and standing in the doorway was Dan.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped

"I-I I wanted to see her." Dan mumbled

"You haven't cared for three months, why now?"

"I have cared, I've always cared, I just couldn't do it. I love her Jim."

"Funny way of showing it. You could've at least asked how she was."

"How is she?"

"Well she's in a comma, she hasn't got better, she hasn't got worse. Nothing. If she doesn't wake up in a month hey are going to turn the life support off."

"What?"

"We have bargained as much as we can, we have even been paying for the bed to keep her alive, but they won't let us have any longer."

Dan started to cry and I sighed. I hugged him and he started to sob.

Jess's POV

"What are you doing here?" Jim snapped

"I-I I wanted to see her." Dan.

Dan! Dan, can you hear me? Dan, I love you. Dan?

"You haven't cared for three months, why now?"

Three months?

"I have cared, I've always cared, I just couldn't do it. I love her Jim."

I love you too Dan.

"Funny way of showing it, you could've at least asked how she was."

You didn't ask about me? Dan, what's wrong?

"How is she?"

"Well she's in a comma, she hasn't got better, she hasn't got worse. Nothing. If she doesn't wake up in a month hey are going to turn the life support off."

What?! No!

"What?"

"We have bargained as much as we can, we have even been paying for the bed to keep her alive, but they won't let us have any longer."

You've been paying to keep me alive? You shouldn't have.

Dan started to cry

Hush little baby don't say a word

Papa's gonna buy you a-