17~Please

Dan's POV

As Jim let go I saw movement in the corner of my eye. Jess held her hand up, waved and then there was a solemn beep. I looked at Jess' heart monitor and the mountains of lines had been replaced by one solitary line that ran through the screen constantly.

"Jess." I whispered, like that would bring her back.

"We need help in here!" Jim called. Then mayhem. Doctors and nurse flooded around me, but I just kept my eyes on Jess's still body. She can't leave me now. I was pulled out of the room and then Jim and I had to wait. That was the worst part the waiting.

After a few hours a nurse came in and took us to Jess' room. She looked a mess, her skin pale, her lips chapped, wires running in and out of her. I ran to her bed and kissed her. I sighed when she didn't' kiss me back, her lips were ice cold and all I could think about was how she should be smiling right now. She should be breathing. Wait, what?

"Jim?" I looked towards him. Jim had tears streaming down his face.

"She's dead Dan." Jim told me

It took a while for that to sink in.

"No, this is a prank, she's going to wake up and laugh at me and you're gonna whip out the cameras and I'll say I hate you, but I won't mean it and I'll actually be relieved and then Jess and I are going to go home and have a laugh and eat ice cream and we'll grow old together and Elsie will have both of us around and..." I stated. Then I broke down.

"It's okay Dan." Jim said. I knew that he didn't believe that either.

Then something happened that neither of us expected...

Jess' POV

It's so dark here, what is happening? Am I dead? No, I can't be. I can't leave Dan and Phil and Jim and Elsie and everyone else, I can't. WAKE UP JESS! WAKE UP!

But I can't. 

Then I heard it, Dan, crying. I thought about him, how he must look and feel right now. I grabbed onto his sobs and pulled myself out of the darkness. I tried, but I couldn't.  Or can I?

"It's okay Dan." Jim.

JIM, JIM STAY THERE! JIM, WHERE ARE YOU?

"JIM!" I shouted, I sat up and gasped for air.

"Jess?" Jim asked.

"Jim!" He ran over and hugged me. Then I looked behind him at... What's his name? He's my fiancee, I love him. What is his name?

"Jess?" He said. I'd been staring at him for too long.

"Umm, hi." I said unsurly.

"Do you remember me?"

"Yes, you are my fiancee..."

"Do you remember my name?"

I shook my head.

"Dan, he is Dan." Jim told me.

"Dan." I said, trying the name out and then it all came flooding back to me.

"Dan, Daniel Howell, danisnotonfire, youtube, Phil, Phil Lester, amazingphil, Phan. How did I fucking forget." I said. Dan smiled and ran over to me. I kissed him and everything felt right in he world.

"I love you." Dan told me.

"I love you too, so much." I told him. This time I was sure that with Dan by my side I could get through anything.