Chapter 11

** Ochako's POV **

My heart began beating fast as Midoriya walked towards me. "Uraraka, I asked you a question," he said, grabbing my shoulder. "I-I was worried about you so I came looking for you." He doesn't say anything and lets go of my shoulder. There was a long silence, but suddenly a voice broke it. "Izuku, come back! We're going to talk about this!" Izuku mumbled something but I couldn't hear him. He was pulled away and I was able to see an older version of Ichirō except that he has freckles. He must be Midoriya's father.

"Oh, I didn't know you were with someone," his father said, letting him go. Midoriya doesn't say anything but glares at his dad. I start getting uncomfortable around his dad because of the way he acts and speaks towards Izuku. "Good evening, my name is Hisashi Midoriya. I'm the father of Ichirō and Izuku," he introduced, holding out his hand. "G-good evening, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Midoriya." I take his hand and immediately feel intimidated by his handshake. It was so unbearable that I couldn't look away, thankfully Midoriya seemed to notice my body language.

He walks over to us and slaps his dad's hand away from mine. "Can't you see you're making her uncomfortable," Midoriya asked, glaring at his dad. Mr. Midoriya didn't say anything, instead, he started glaring at his son. The atmosphere was so thick that you can cut it with a knife. "Hey, you kids should go to the dance floor. Izuku, take your date there and start dancing with her." Mr. Midoriya looked surprised at what Ichirō said. He pushed us out of the hallway and quickly gave us a thumbs-up.

"Ochako, forget about meeting my dad."

"Why?"

"Because he isn't worth mentioning."

"... O-okay."

Midoriya's tone was cold and harsh. He's in such a bad mood that he began to walk faster and looked annoyed. "M-Midoriya, can you walk slower?.. It's hard to catch up with you when I'm wearing heels," I said, trying to catch up to him. Midoriya stopped walking while I caught up to him, then he held out his elbow towards me. I was going to say something but he glared at me. "You said that you're having a hard time catching up to me. Hold on to me so I won't leave you behind." I blush and link my arm to his before he changes his mind.

We made it to the same corner close to the dessert table that we were before. "Midoriya, what room is this," I asked, looking up to him. "It's a living room turned into a ballroom since the pieces of furniture were moved." He still looked annoyed and a little stressed. I look down and see our arms linked together. I blush crimson and quickly let go of his arm. Why did it feel so normal to have my arm linked with him? "What are you doing, Uraraka," Midoriya asked, crossing his arms. I need to think of something before it gets weird.

"... I-I was thinking of taking up your brother's suggestion. We should dance."

"Why should we dance?"

"Because it sounded like fun and it helps reduce stress."

"Sorry, Toots. I'm not much of a dancer."

"Why? Is it because you can't dance?"

"No, I can't dance."

I pouted and crossed my arms then I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. "Well, that's the biggest fib I've ever heard," they said, placing their other hand on my head. "Dammit, Ichirō! Shut the hell up! I'm not in the mood to dance." Ichirō chuckles but doesn't say anything. "I have a deal for you... Dance with your little date and you'll be able to leave before she arrives. I know you want to leave," Ichirō said, smirking at his brother. "... Fine. You better keep your end of the bargain."

They shake hands then Midoriya turns to me. "Care to dance, M'lady," he asked, holding out his hand. I nodded and took his hand then he led me to the dance floor. "Just relax and follow my lead." Midoriya holds my hand up while he places his other hand on my lower back. I blushed and quickly placed my left hand on his shoulder. How can I relax when we're so close to each other?! I took some deep breaths and suddenly music started playing out of nowhere. We turn our heads and see Ichirō smiling at us while holding out two thumbs-up.

Midoriya caught me off guard and spun me around. He cradles me and sways his body as I did the same. He took a couple of steps forward and I took a couple of steps backward then we both swayed our bodies. Midoriya spun me around again and I couldn't help but smile at him. We started catching other dancers and people's attention from the way we're dancing. I turned back towards Midoriya and I could see that he let out a small smile. He catches me off guard again by leaning forwards and I fall backward while he holds me.

The music finished playing while the audience started clapping and cheering at us. We leave the dance floor and head over to Ichirō who was waiting for us at a door. "So, did you two enjoy yourselves," Ichirō asked, opening the door. "She did since she was smiling the whole time. I don't know why you chose a romantic song... I did my part so we should go." They let me through the door first then walk in together. "Okay, let's go through the back door," Ichirō said, as we walked through the hallway.

"Good, perfect."

"I knew you were going to say that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

* 2 Hours Later *

We finally arrived at our apartments and we got out of Ichirō's car. "Bye, I'll see you guys some other time," Ichirō said, waving at us. "Bye, see you soon!" I waved at him as he sped away while Midoriya was on his phone. I took the stairs and walked to my apartment door while Midoriya followed me behind. "Thanks for inviting me to the party. I had a lot of fun," I said, turning to face him." That's good that you enjoyed yourself... I didn't tell you before but you look beautiful." I blushed while he went inside his apartment as I did the same.