Chapter 1

** Ochako's POV **

* Bell Rings *

I quickly grab my things and walk out the classroom. I rush my way towards my locker and shove my things in my backpack. I head out the exit without getting noticed by anyone. "Uraraka, are you going straight to your house," my teacher asked, before I can open the exit door. "Yeah, since my parents will worry about me if I stay out too late. I wouldn't wanna cause them too much trouble." The teacher nodded her head understanding my situation and waved at me so I waved back at her. I pushed the door open and left the school grounds.

I walked through my neighborhood cautiously with my bag against my chest. I have to stay alert and constantly look over my shoulder while walking towards my rundown apartment. I noticed two men talking to each other so I tightened my grip on my bag and walked a little faster. "Woah, look at that school girl that just passed by." I ignored the man's comment and continued my way. "Let's follow her right now." My heart started beating fast when I heard that so I started running and took a lot of turns until I was in front of the police station.

I quickly went inside the police station and bumped into someone. I fall to the ground and see paper fly everywhere. "I'm s-sorry," I apologized, and quickly started picking up the papers off the floor. I quickly handed them back while bowing down. "Miss, are you okay?" I look up and see a tall police officer with a concern look on his face. "N-no, I was walking home and I heard a couple of guys planning on following me so I ran before they got the chance. B-but I'm scared to walk by myself," I answered.

"Well, you're in luck, Miss. I can drop you off to your house since I'm going on patrol."

"Really?! Thank you so much, sir!"

"You're welcome. Let's go."

"Yes, sir!"

I started following the police officer to his car. We got in the car and I gave him my address. He started his car and we drove away from the police station. We would have small conversations during the ride home. "Do you know what career you would like to follow when you get older," he questioned, while keeping his eyes on the road. His question caught me off guard so I started twiddling my thumbs. "I haven't really thought of a career for me since I plan on making money so my parents don't have to work anymore."

The police officer stayed quiet for a moment. "That's very admirable! But your career choice should be something you love doing. That way you can earn money for doing something you love and you'll be able to help your parents.... And we're here," he said, turning his head to look at me. "Thank you so much for the ride and advice, sir." I open the door but before I can step out the police officer tapped on my shoulder. I turn my head towards him and he pulls out a pepper spray.

"Here, you need it more than I do. Have it with you at all times, okay?"

"Are you sure I can have it?"

"Yes, so when you run into trouble you can spray it at them. Just spray it at their face."

"Okay, thank you. Goodbye, sir."

He waved at me and sped away so I decided to head towards my apartment building. I went up the stairs and when I made it to the second floor I noticed my apartment door open. I quietly walk towards the door with my finger on the pepper spray's trigger. I entered my apartment and saw a lot of packed boxes and the apartment seemed empty. I started panicking when I thought that we're getting evicted from the property. I hear a lot of shuffling in my parents' room. "Mom? Dad? Are you there?" Suddenly I hear heavy footsteps coming towards me.

"Ochako!"

I put the pepper spray down when I heard my name was called."Hi, honey! How was your day at school?... Wait, is that a pepper spray in your hand," Dad asked, pointing at the pepper spray. "Hi, Dad. School was okay. I ran into trouble on my way from school. So I had a police officer drop me off and he gave it to me." Dad frowned but sighed in relief while Mom took deep breaths. "Well, it's a good thing that the police officer helped you and gave you a pepper spray." They both hug me and I hug back.

We let go of each other and I put the pepper spray in my bag. "Okay, guess what? Do you know why there's a bunch of boxes here, Sweetie," Mom asked, grabbing my shoulders. "Uhh, we're getting evicted... I don't mind getting a job so I can help you pay the bills." They shook their head and gave me a smile. "Honey, we're touched that you want to help us but you don't have to help us... We got a promotion and pay raise! And the best part is that we're moving from this horrible neighborhood!"

"Oh, congratulations!"

"Oh yeah, you'll be transferred to a different school."

* 2 Days Later *

We waited for the principal to call us to his office. "Can I have the Urarakas come in?" Dad opened the door and he let us go into the office first. We sat on the chairs and I noticed that the principal wasn't facing us. "Would you like some tea," the principal asked, turning his chair around to face us. We didn't dare say anything when we saw the principal for the first time. "Sure, we would like to have some tea, sir." The principal smiled and went to start brewing tea.

* 15 Minutes later *

We talked while drinking tea with the principal. "Well then, welcome to U.A High, Ms. Uraraka. I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly," he said, holding out his paw. I shook his paw and smiled at him. "Before I forget, can you come to school tomorrow 30 minutes early? Because I'll have someone give you a tour around the school so you won't get lost on your first day." I smiled and nodded my head. After finishing our conversation we got up and started to leave his office but before closing the door I gave him a wave.