Chapter 14

** Izuku's POV **

Why is she here?! How did she know that I would be in the hospital?! There's a lot of questions running through my mind but I refuse to talk to her, especially using her name. I quickly turn to Ichirō and see if he knows about her coming here but he looks surprised to see the girl. It looks like he didn't know about her arrival but I'm furious to see her again. I glared at her and wrote on the whiteboard, "What the hell are you doing here?" I flipped the whiteboard for her to read and she replied, "I came to you see, Izuku." I'm not a fool to believe that load of bullshit that she spat out. I started cleaning the board and wrote, "I don't want to hear any more of your nonsense! Get the hell out of here!"

The girl looked sad but I couldn't care any less about her shedding crocodile tears or playing the victim. She walks over to me and places the flower bouquet on top of me while I give a distasteful look at her repulsing flower bouquet. Her disgusting flower bouquet consists of pink asters, dark red carnations, red chrysanthemums, and red roses which stand for love. The word "love" is a simple yet complicated four-letter word, it's foreign for me because I don't understand it or have felt such emotion before. I don't understand the thrill of being in love or someone loving someone else so I reject the idea of love because I've always been aloof ever since I was a child.

I don't dare open up to anybody because everybody has a disgusting idea to use it against you. Every single person in the world has that disgusting idea planted in the back of their minds. I looked and saw the girl still standing beside me then she spoke up, "I hope you like the flowers I brought for you." I ignored her and started cleaning the board then wrote, "I'm not going to repeat myself." She sighs and turns around to walk out the room but stops to give one last look at me then turns her attention to Fruitcake and finally leaves. I turn to Fruitcake and see that she has a lot of questions in her mind then I turn to Ichirō and eye him to keep his mouth shut.

I turn my attention back to the revolting flower bouquet and glare at it but I don't dare touch it or want it near me. I cleaned the whiteboard and wrote, "Throw that disgusting flower bouquet into the trash." I flipped the board towards them to read it and Fruitcake replied, "You're so heartless when a pretty girl gives you flowers and you kick her out. And now, you want to throw away the flowers." I rolled my eyes and cleaned the board then wrote, "Tell me something I don't know. Get rid of the flowers now. Aren't you forgetting something, Fruitcake?" I flipped the board towards her to read it and her eyes widened and quickly took the flowers off of me.

Ichirō suddenly spoke up, "Aww, why did you want the flower bouquet to be thrown out? It's a beautiful flower bouquet, Izuku." I start cleaning the whiteboard and write, "I hate the flower bouquet and the person who gave it to me." Of course, he wouldn't know why I hate the flower bouquet and the girl, I never tell him anything and there's a reason why. "Izuku, you shouldn't be like that. Ochako had a point about you being a heartless person," Ichirō said, as I erased my writing on the board. I wrote, "I wouldn't care less what you guys have to say. I've always been like this so let it go." I started feeling sleepy as I erase the whiteboard, I close my eyes but I can hear everything around me.

"Izuku, are you okay? Why are your eyes closed?"

"Um, Ichirō, I think he's just sleepy."

"Oh, that makes sense, Ochako. I guess, the medicine the doctors gave him made my brother drowsy."

"Anyway, shouldn't you be going back to work before your dad starts getting suspicious?"

"Yeah, you're right. Izuku wouldn't want our dad to find out about him being in the hospital. Can you stay by Izuku's side until I come back from work?"

"Yeah, sure. I still feel terrible about what happened."

They bid farewell and Ichirō leaves the room, then Fruitcake takes a seat next to me as I listen. She takes my right hand and says something to me but I couldn't hear anything as I drifted off to sleep. Not even a few minutes have passed and here I am standing alone in the darkness like always nothing is new to me. I notice a white door in the distance but I ignore it and walk away because I know where the door leads to. I don't want to see anything on the other side of the door so I turn my head around to see if the door is still there over the distance but it wasn't there. I turn my head back around and see the same door in front of me which surprised me and made me stop my tracks.

I quickly backed away from the door but then suddenly the door swung open and a black mass came out which made me run away. "There's no way in hell that I'm letting that thing get close to me," I muttered, as I continued running. The black mass caught up with me and grabbed me from the waist then quickly pulled me back to the door so I grabbed the door frame. The black mass is so strong but I kept my grip on the door frame and I shouted, "No, let me go! I'm not going inside!" The black mass surface expanded, swallowing me whole, causing me to let go of my grip. I didn't want to go through this door for a reason, now, I can't go out the door because it disappears as I try to reach out for it.  

The black mass lets go of me and I start walking around aimlessly since I still can't see anything in the dark. I start hearing a lot of soft low echoes but I ignore it and continue walking until I take a wrong step and fall forward. I don't know where I fell from but my guess is I fell from the top of an open pit. I can still hear the echoes but they're getting clearer and louder than before. I started getting irritated from the loud echoes which made me burst out, "Shut the hell up!" The echoes started getting even louder and screamed, "Izuku!.. Izuku!.. Izuku!" The echoes kept repeating my name over and over until the echoes' tone changed and I started seeing some of my memories.

"You brat! You should feel guilty about what you did!"

"Stop wasting my time with your nonsense, Izuku."

"You bastard! How dare you defy me!"

"Stop making mistakes, Izuku. There's no room for mistakes in this family."

"Ugh, why do you always cause trouble for me?! Why can't you just be like your older brother, Izuku?!"

"Shut the hell up! I'm not listening to these bullshits being thrown at me!"

The echoes and memories suddenly stop and I finally land at the bottom of the pit so I groan in pain and sit up from the ground. I frown and start punching the ground in anger, I don't need to hear any bullshit or recall any memories. I continue punching the ground but I stop punching as my arms start getting tired so I just sit there alone in the dark without any echoes or memories. I let out a long sigh and muttered, "At least, there's peace and quiet in this dark hellhole." I suddenly started feeling tears streaming down my cheeks so I quickly wiped them away but more tears kept streaming down then I murmured, "No, I'm not going to cry. Crying is a useless emotion."

I wipe the tears away and glare at the ground when I start hearing something like a soft calming voice but I ignore it like always. "Midoriya?.. Midoriya?.. Midoriya?" the voice called out, as I continued to ignore it. The voice kept calling me and I was so fed up that I finally looked up and saw a white light in front of me. I glared at it and asked, "What the hell do you want?" The white light transforms into a girl and she's glowing but I can't see her face then she extends her hand. I hesitantly took her hand and it was soft and warm which made me feel at ease then everything black turned white. The girl lean in which cause me to wake up and I see Fruitcake looking worried then the doctor walks into the room.

"Midoriya, we fail to notice that you also have a clavicle fracture but don't worry you don't need any surgeries. Although, you'll need to go to physical therapy to restore shoulder motion after your bruise heals and you'll need someone to help you while your arm is immobilized."

"I'll do it! I'll help him since I'm responsible for his injuries. Plus, I live next door to him so there's no problem."