Chapter 10

** Ochako's POV **

We finally arrived at a mansion which was surrounded by cars. Ichirō parked his car in an empty space that he found. We got out of the car and walked to the front door where we were greeted by a maid. "Oh yeah, we never mentioned that we're loaded. Sorry about that," Ichirō apologized, scratching his head. "N-no, it's okay! I kind of figured that you guys have money because your brother gave me electronics." His eyes widened in surprise as he turned to his brother. Ichirō let me inside first then followed me behind with his brother.

I stopped on my tracks to take a look around but Midoriya grabbed my wrist to drag me away from his brother. He took me to a corner close to a dessert table. "Ugh, he's always annoying. Why can't he just bother the old man," Midoriya mumbled, letting go of my wrist. "Midoriya, you should try to get along with your brother. I think your brother wants to have a good relationship with you." He quickly turned his head and glared at me. Midoriya grabbed my cheeks and started squeezing them little by little.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! I'm sorry! I know I was being noisy but it's true," I exclaimed, grabbing his wrists. "You shouldn't be concerned about my relationship with my family. So, stop sticking your nose into other people's business." Midoriya lets go of my cheeks and continues glaring at me. Ichirō came towards us with a plate full of desserts. "Izuku, you shouldn't be glaring at your date like that. It's a bad impression for the girl," he advised, munching on a macaron. Midoriya just ignored his brother and glared at him.

"You're making it sound like it's a blind date but it's not. She already spends more time with me as it is in school."

"But you're on a date, Izuku. You shouldn't be moody on your date."

"I don't need your advice. I'm perfectly fine without them. So, don't waste your breath."

"You know, I won't listen to you. Can you at least try to have fun? I just want you to have some fun."

Ichirō turned around and walked away while Izuku let out a stressed sigh. He turned around and started going up the stairs. I quickly went over to the dessert table and grabbed as many desserts as I could on a plate. I grabbed the plate and ran upstairs to catch up with Midoriya. I caught up to him and followed him until we came to a complete stop. "You know, you didn't have to come with me," he said, turning around. "It would've been uncomfortable for me. Plus, I want to keep you company."

I held up the plate full of desserts for him to see. Midoriya didn't say anything and continued walking but motioned his hand at me to come with him. We made a few turns until we got to a door that had Midoriya's name on it then went inside. "Let's head over to the balcony. Good thing I brought something for entertainment," he said, closing the door. We went to the balcony and I set the plate down on the table while Midoriya pulled something out. "Oh, you brought a Nintendo Switch! I want to play, too!"

"Sure, I knew that we would get bored eventually... Also, you get to ask a non-personal question. So, think wisely before you ask me."

"... Why do you call me Fruitcake?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"... Yes, I'm sure."

"It's a slang word for crazy or strange... At first, I thought you were strange because of the way you act and how crazy you are to stay by my side... But, my opinion started changing the more I get to know you... You always surprise me by your little outbursts or the way you say the nicest things."

I blushed at his confession then turned my head and saw a small pink tint on his cheeks. "W-well, are y-you g-going to c-change the n-nickname?" Midoriya didn't say anything instead he gave me the red controller and turned on the Nintendo Switch. "Hmmm... Probably, I'm not sure," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, your opinion about me is changing. Might as well do something about it, Midoriya." I smiled at him and he gave me a small smile then we started playing on the Nintendo Switch.

Midoriya beats me a couple of rounds in the game. "Hey! How dare you beat me again! This is the third time you beat me," I exclaimed, nudging him. "It's called a solid game plan, Darling. You should pick up a trick or two from me." I couldn't help but blush when he called me "Darling" but then he gave me his blue controller. "I'm going to use the bathroom. Don't go anywhere, I'll be back," he said getting up from his chair. "Okay, don't take too long in the bathroom."

* 1 Hour Later *

I started to get worried because Midoriya hasn't come back yet. I decided to have a look around the room while waiting for him to come back. The room looks nice but it looks so empty without some decorations. The door was clicked open and I thought it was Midoriya but it was Ichirō. "Hey, Ochako! What are you doing in Izuku's old room," he asked, closing the door. "I followed your brother even though he told me that I didn't have to. But, I wanted to keep him company."

Ichirō looked surprised by the way I responded then he grabbed my hand. "You're too sweet, Ochako. Izuku was always a cold-hearted person ever since he was a kid. I want you to keep doing whatever it is that you're doing because he'll eventually start to change," Ichirō said, tearing up a little bit. "I'm not doing anything, Ichirō. I'm just being myself like I always have. Anyways, I should go look for your brother." He nodded and let go of my hand then waved at me and I wave at him.

I walked through many hallways but never found him until I saw a door slightly open. I started walking towards it but then I started hearing voices as I got closer. I took a peek inside and saw Midoriya with someone else. "Can't you fucking understand that I don't want to do it?! I don't care if it's for your shitty company," Midoriya yelled, starting to walk towards the door. I started panicking so I quickly backed away to a decent distance from the door. Midoriya came out of the room and saw me.

"What are you doing here, Uraraka?"