37

Jeremiah POV

I put the shades over my eyes and stood outside the church as the funeral procession brought the family inside and wheeled in the Thomas the train casket. Tears streamed down my eyes as I stood there watching the casket roll by. Everyone walked in and sat down but Lauren , she walked up the the casket and opened it and kiss Jonah on the forehead.

"We're gonna have a few words by the mother" the pastor spoke .

"It's hard standing up here and talking about my child for the the last time" she said beginning to cry. " I was in the studio a few days ago right after this happened, and I said to myself, I don't want to remember my baby like this this. So I wrote this song about everything I thought about when he was born."

"When I first laid eyes on you
When I heard your heartbeat too
Oh I never knew, I could witness an angel so beautiful
From the very moment you arrived I felt something new inside
I developed a love that was so unconditional
And I promise to give you everything that I have
There's not a dream in this world you can't accomplish or grasp
I will cross any ocean before I let you land
Just hold on to mama's hand and never let it go (woah oh, oh, oh, oh)
Just hold on to mama's hand and never let it go"

Tears literally rolled down my face the song was beautiful, and the video of clips of Jonah was so heart breaking that I didn't get to spend any time in my sons life.

The funeral was over and I help carry the body outside to the hearse.

"Thank you for being here you've been a big support , Lauren should've had her baby with you" Lauren's mom said rubbing my back. I broke down in tears I was literally losing my shit holding in how I was feeling, and what needed to be told.

"Hey bro can you take me home I'm ready to go" I told Aglee

"You don't wanna go to the-"

"No bro I needa get outta here" I yelled.

I felt bad I haven't talked to Lauren this whole time , I didn't go to the hospital , I didn't call to see if she was okay, I didn't ask if she needed anything and I didn't hug her at the funeral I gave no type of reassurance. Her mom reached out to me a few times during the process. I was hurting my heart, my head, my body was aching.

Lauren POV

My heart was hurting so bad , both of my babies was gone. My husband was in jail and Jeremiah didn't even comfort me nor acknowledge the fact that my son was dead. My heart was so heavy, I just wanted all of this to be over with.

Days later I was cleaning the house and packing to move, I couldn't stay here not with my babies blood outside and my blood and tears inside. I decided I wanted to move back to Marston and give this whole career thing a break.

I pulled the Portrait of Quincy off of  the wall and behind it was a tiny safe. I chuckled what fucking more could happen by opening it. I got some tools and pulled it open and pulled out all the paperwork that was inside and began to look through it. Most of it was Quincy's record deals until I pulled out a blue tinted paper I began to read over it and it was a birth certificate. I couldn't believe my eyes his parents were Lisa & Mr. Winston....

I was so confused I threw all the papers down I didn't wanna to get into anything today. I was done cleaning for the day I couldn't get into anymore drama that i didn't want to know anything. My heart or mind couldn't take it.

I was fed up I was hurt my baby was gone , my husband in jail and the love of my life hating me forever.

I'm glad I was moving I couldn't take this life anymore....

Jeremiah POV

"Bro you need to tell her " Aglee yelled

"For what he's dead now its not like me being his father can bring him back" I hollered back

"You know Lauren would want to know just as bad as you wanted to know " he said.

"That's just gonna hurt her more Aglee I know her, it's too soon" I cried

"Bro you gotta get over this you finna put out another album and finna do a world tour" he trailed off.

"Serious man , are you serious; I just found out I have a son and he DIES and you worried about a tour and a album " I yelled at Aglee

"Nawl I'm worried about you , you're fucking losing your mind; you haven't eaten in two days your clothes are dirty , you've sat in this same spot on this fucking couch for two weeks you haven't made a song in weeks not even sent me a beat." Aglee screamed

"You know what Aglee your just worried that I won't bounce back and you won't have a job or money anymore that's all" I spat.

"Bro I'm finna go, cause not you losing yo mother- nevermind I'm going to give you space cause you grieving" he said leaving slamming the door.

Alger was right , I needed to tell her but how do you tell someone that completely hates you that you're the father of their dead child.

I was over it honestly , I had no pictures of my son wasn't even apart of his life . It was literally killing me inside that I was keep big this secret. 

How was I ever going to tell her?

Comment & Vote

A/N

Man y'all I've had writers block for months and college is kicking my ass but I'm back and better now ! New chapters will be coming and I feel that I'll be ending this book pretty soon. So stay tuned cause this book finna flip upside down! YAH HEARD 💓💓😙