9

"Yeah Really , you just met me" I shook my head.

"What does that matter, Lauren!" he yelled "I feel different around you. Last few nights I was stuck my career had been on hold because I had writers block and I wasn't feeling music anymore Monday , then you came around like a human version of my love for music. We danced and talked and the way you smiled, you uplifted me."

The room grew quiet, before I broke the silence "So what is the music video couch?"

He let out a long sigh "Lauren what's with the questions"

"I mean I'm just asking and answer it" I said crossing my arm

"It was awhile ago my fans noticed I always used a kinda couch in my videos like the one your sitting on now" he shrugged "I finally told them it symbolized the couch I my queen and our prince will sit on" Haven't found my queen yet, you might be her .

"Okay Quincy, I think I'm going to leave" I said rolling my eyes.

"Where the fuck you think you going" he said jerking me towards him.

"Quincy let me go now" I yelled

"You think I'm lying?" He questioned tightening his grip

"Let me go Quincy" I begged he just stood there and starred at me before pulling me closer.

"You're beautiful Monday" he said running his hand through my hair. The silence grew as we made nothing but eye contact before he pressed his lips against mine, slowly moving his hands from my face to my neck. "Be mine" he said pulling away.

"It's not that easy" I said breaking away from the eye contact

"Why Lauren?"

I ignored his question I couldn't tell him about Jeremiah, honestly I didn't know how to feel about Jeremiah anymore. Could this work between me and him?

Quincy sat down in the studio and began playing a song through the studio speakers.

"Baby this ain't confession
But tell me your lies, tell me your lies
This is not misdirection
Not a disguise
Girl, I want the truth about your flaws

I don't wanna be your boyfriend
Girl I wanna be your man
But if you wanna be a late night flex on the low
Girl I would understand, alright (na na na)
I just wanna be honest, I just wanna be true
I ain't talking bout anyone if ain't talkin' 'bout you
I just wanna be honest, I just wanna be true
I ain't talking bout anyone if ain't talkin' 'bout you oh"

"This is the song I wrote for you" he said. "Let's go get something to eat I'm starving" he said

"Yeah let's do that"

Weeks Later

•Jeremiah's POV•

"Aye bro you good" my homie Algee spoke

"Nah bro I ain't heard from Lauren in 3 weeks"

"Look bro I ain't want to show you this but here" he said tossing me his phone.

I looked at the video he had playing

Reporter: SO tell us who is  the special girl

Quincy : * pauses *Lauren Monday

Reporter: who is Ms Monday

Quincy: y'all haven't met her yet but y'all will she's a phenomenal writer , her book was stupid crazy"

Reporter: Think she might have a seat on the musics video couch ?

Quincy: I don't know maybe

My heart dropped Into my stomach, I stood up and threw the phone at the wall.

"Yo what the fuck man" Algee said

I Collapsed to the floor and tears flowed to my eyes, it's only been a few weeks and she's already moved on.

"Man you good?"

I walked across the room to get my note pad and began writing her a letter to send to her I loved this girl. I finished the note and signed the letter

Sincerely Jeremiah