4

Prom night was successful and so was my love for Jeremiah he made the night much more special. Today was Wednesday two days after the results were suppose to be back and I was growing boorish by the the minute I could feel in my gut that I didn't win. Mr Howard hasn't been to school so we've had a substitute for the past 3 days.

"Is there a Lauren Monday in here" the substitute spoke.

"Yes I'm right here"

"Here come get this note they need you in the office"

I gathered my things and hurried to the office fast as my legs would let me. I rushed through the office doors and sitting at the main desk was Mrs. Justine , the schools secretary.

"I'm Lauren Monday , I was called to the office"
Mrs Justine pushed her glasses up and slide a envelope across the desk and continued typing on her computer. I grabbed the envelope that read "Make A Star Book Foundation" my heart instantly dropped. I sat down in the chair next to Mrs Justine's desk and ripped the envelope apart. I closed my eyes and prayed before reading letter , it read;

Dear, Lauren Monday
The book you submitted "Love of  a Book" was phenomenal, we would like to say that we accept you into our program where you can go great places. You are 1 special out of a million .

Tears flowed down my eyes , I actually won this book contest; I'm finally a author. I grabbed my book bag and ran across campus to Jeremiah's class and burst in and ran straight to his desk.

"We did it baby" I screeched pulling him up out the chair.

"We did what" "what is it" he pleaded.

I let go of him and held up the letter and watched his face gap in awe as he grabbed me "I'm so proud of you baby" he cried

"Excuse Ms Monday" Jeremiah's teacher said clearing his throat. "We were in the middle of class here"

"Sorry" I said pulling Jeremiah across the room to the door. 

"I knew you had it in you baby " Jay said hugging me tight. "How many days do we have till you leave?"

I pulled the paper out of my pocket and scanned through it "5 days" I said

"Where you going?" He said rubbing his neck

"Hollywood" I grinned

He chuckled "The one song & place  you hate"

"Oh hush" I said smiling.

   As the day passed on Jeremiah helped me and my mother pack for L.A. after contacting the company and accepting their offer they paid for my hotel and plane ticket. Leaving Jeremiah for 6 months was gonna hurt but he was supportive and positive about everything, I guess that's probably why I love him.

"Lauren" Jeremiah said grabbing me and pulling me onto the bed.

"What's wrong" I said caressing his face.

"Please baby don't forget where you came from and how special you are In my heart." He said tears rolling down his cheek. "I really love you and I want you to have the best life and love all your dreams".

I held him closer "I won't Jay, I love you too"

Nobody understood that the love for Jeremiah was real , everything written in that book was from the heart, I meant every word.