19

Lauren POV

I watched as Lisa went on and on about how good my book sales were going and I was surprised at how well I was doing. She talked about how me doing a song with Jussie would affect my sales.

"Monday you're talented the Beyonce of your time why are you hiding it?" Lisa spoke

"I'm not," I said straightening myself up in the chair. "I'm just homesick"

"Go back home" Jussie spoke.

"Jussie, she has no-"

"Lisa that's how artist find themselves"

"But this will affect the contract with you"

"I can wait Lisa let this girl explore who she really is" Jussie laughed "You do know producers just mix the song and there for support, the artists put their feelings and hard work into the song" Jussie spoke

"So home it is," Lisa says folding her papers. "You get three days Monday, that third day I want you and Jussie in the studio understood," she said raising her eyebrow.

"I understand," I said pushing myself away from the table.

"I've been meaning to ask you Lauren, the boy that was at the auditions-

"What about him?"

"Who was he, I know you personally asked for him to come to your celebration did you know he was auditioning?"

"No, and he's just a friend, just a close family friend"  I spoke softly and getting up from the chair.

"He's not the reason you're going back home is he?"  Lisa spoke and I shook my head no. "Good because of Quincy your book sales have skyrocketed."

"Lisa I'm pretty sure without Quincy Lauren's book sales would be fine" Jussie spoke "I mean I have read the book and it's pretty-"

"Excuse me Jussie, I want the best for my client, why does she need a nobody when she has Quincy" Lisa spoke.

"I understand,"  I said leaving the room. I was so excited to be going home to be in my own space. My mom had moved back recently to get repairs done to the house and I just knew it was going to be beautiful.

"Hey, Lauren wait up!" I turned around to see Jussie standing behind me.

"Yeah," I said.

"You go home and you live your best life, okay that's how beautiful music is made. If that's who you're going to see its safe with me. " he chuckled

"I just miss my home, school, church, and friends everything you know" I said.

"I definitely understand Lauren you be safe" he said walking off.

I caught a flight back home, riding in the Uber and looking at how the scenery has changed in 6 months, my town was always a get away an escape but why did it feel like a trap this time, felt as if I was carrying baggage on my shoulders that was suffocating me.

I was standing in my old home the carpet was torn off of the floorboards the furniture was covered in plastic everything looked abandoned. I sat down on the floor and pulled my legs towards me I wasn't happy at all the life I forever wanted was not really what I wanted.

"You okay Ms. Monday?" Jackson said peeping through the door.

"Yeah I'm fine" I sobbed wiping my tears off of my face, "can you take me somewhere?" I asked standing up

"Anywhere special? "

"Marston High School, kind of feel weird if being home and not being in school almost a year."

"Sure thing"

We arrived at the school and I embraced myself as Jackson opened the door to the Escalade. I had my shades on I didn't want anyone seeing me before I saw them. Jackson and I approached the main office luckily everyone was at lunch so no one was roaming the halls.

"Hey I came to see Mr. Howard"

The lady at the desk looked at me as if she was confused, I could tell she was new.

"Is he expecting you?" She said raising her brow

"No it's kind of a surprise" I said

"Who are you?" She questioned picking up the phone.

"Why that's the amazing Lauren Monday" Mr Howard spoke coming from out of the teachers lounge embracing me into a hug.

"How's the famous life treating you?" He said smiling.

"I'm loving every minute of it"

"Good I knew you would , come come let's head to the lunch room to show your peers" he said

My heart was pounding out of my chest walking into the lunch room. I got on top of the stage in the cafeteria as Mr. Howard introduced me the crowd went wild. People started clapping , even tried to hug me but Jackson wasn't having it.

"Hey y'all, how y'all doing?." They cheered making me feel loved. "Your girl came home and you know I had to visit"

"Lauren how is it dating Quincy Brown? A girl yelled.

I chuckled "Well-"

I looked out into the crowd and seen Jeremiah and Aglee sitting at their table. They were unbothered by the fact I was standing in the school and that all of their peers were starstruck. I walked off of the stage and through the crowd towards their table.

"Hey y'all" I said

"Wassup" Aglee said

"What y'all been up to?"

"Reading this book" Aglee said slamming my book onto the table. I was speechless what could I say I abandoned everyone I ever cared about.

"Y'all I-"

"Your nothing Lauren," Jeremiah spat "Who is that on the cover of the book huh? Who spent year after year with you inspiring you to write the book." he yelled

"Jeremiah calm down please" I said grabbing him.

"You've been lying to the ENTIRE world Lauren!!" he yelled clenching his jaw.

"Aglee do-"

" I can't help you Lauren you really messed up this time" he said walking away from the table

"Aglee wait please" I said grabbing him, he turned around and faced me.

"What Lauren?"

"I really messed up I came home to fix things and I-"

"You what, chose a dude that put his hands on you for fame or the nigga that was here with you before the fame, this nigga is on the cover of your book and you're acting like he doesn't exist!" he said furiously walking off.

I wasn't choosing fame over them this was always my dream since I was a little girl this is what I wanted I thought my friends would be happy for me and they weren't. I got Jackson to take me back home I laid in the bed and scrolled on Instagram it was already on the Shade Room that I was back in my home town at my school.

" I seen where you went to the school today" mama spoke leaning on the doorway.

"Yeah" I spoke

"Well did you see him? " she smirked Mama had went to rehab for her drinking problem and Winston paid for it, we were now trying to get back onto talking terms.

"Who" I chuckled

"The brown skin boy that's standing on top of my house at your window" she said pointing to the window.

"Jeremiah" I gasped

Vote & Comment