18

Jeremiah POV

I was furious, I just wrote this girl a song, sung it on national television and she chose a nigga putting his hands on her, shit really had me heated. I was back at her place packing my things, forget the auditions if I new both of them were apart of it I would've never came. I glanced over at my phone and seen a missed call from Aglee, I picked the phone up and called back.

"Yo bro I seen yo performance that shit was wicked" Aglee cheered through the phone.

"Yeah thanks man" I said zipping my suitcase

"What's wrong g you sound sad or some shit"he said changing his tone

"I'm straight, I'm just packing dawg" I said adjusting the phone to my ear

"Nigga packing? You moving on to the official season of the show!  Where you going?"

"Home man, I don't think this life is for me" I said sitting on the bed.

"What happened man?" He sighed

"She choose him" I trailed of

"Damn bruh But don't let that stop you man you talented as fuck" he chuckled

"Yeah if I gotta use her to get where I am then it's pointless" I spoke

"Still love her?" He asked

"Like God loves his children, but I know who She wants to be with and it's the father of her child"

"Child?" he yelled through the phone.

"He got her pregnant and she had an abortion, he also beat on her man and-"

"And nigga what you do?" Yelled cutting me off

"I beat his ass and right after I told her to come on she stood there with 'em " I chuckled

"I knew Lauren had book sense but damn she ain't got no common sense?" He questioned.

"I guess not dawg" I said pulling the suit case from off of the bed onto the floor and pulling it downstairs. "I'm going to call you when I land bro alright"

"Alright bro" he said hanging up.

"Mr. Powers would you like me to take those bags to the vehicle?" Jackson asked.

"Oh nawl I'm catching a cab thanks though" I said pull the suitcase down the rest of the steps "if Lauren ask where I went please don't tell her alright" I said opening the door he nodded before I walked out.

Lauren POV

"Good Morning beautiful" Quincy said bringing me a tray of breakfast. "Lauren I'm really sorry about yesterday" he pleaded

"It's fine Q" I said admiring the breakfast.

"It's just I could understand why didn't you want to keep our baby?" He spoke.

"Please leave the subject alone" I said rolling my eyes stuffing my face with food.

"I got a call about you this morning" he said taking a sip of the orange juice he had on the dresser.

"About ?"

"Someone special wants you to do a song with them" he said smirking.

"Yeah who Quincy Brown" I joked.

"Nah not this time I'm laying low on music right now " he said sitting onto the bed

"Why" I questioned

"I got other things to worry about Monday" he said wiping syrup off the side of my face.

"Well who called for me ?"

"Jussie Smollet"

"You gotta be kidding" I laughed. I could tell in his face it wasn't a joke. "After all this stuff in the media what could I possibly do with him?"

"He wants a song with you Lauren" he said smiling

"Really?" I question "Did you tell him I'm not a singer."

"No but he did hear the song you was in with me & he loved it for his track" he said grabbing the empty plates. "Think about it okay" he said walking out of the room.

"Hey!" I said climbing out of the bed. "Would what he did affect my reputation and make my book sales go down" I said following him down the stairs.

"People don't really see that when a song is amazing"

"And what makes you think the song will be amazing?" I said raising my brow.

"Because you'll be in it"

"I don't know Quincy" I sat down on the stool at the counter.

"Just think about it, okay" he said walking past.

Jeremiah POV

My flight had just landed back in town and I was heading. back home in the taxi. The music on the radio played softly as I stared out the window I couldn't believe Lauren chose somebody she barely knows over me.

"Congratulations On Lauren Monday, in celebrating her 100,000 books sold" 

"Can you turn the radio off" I asked the cab driver and he nodded turning off the radio.

I had finally made it home and my mother was sitting on the porch patiently waiting for me. The cab driver got my things out , I tipped him and made my way to the steps.

"You okay baby?" She said as I approached the steps, I brushed passed her I didn't feel like talking about what happened.

"Keith honey talk to me" she spoke closing the door, I dropped my suitcase and walked upstairs and slammed the door.

"Jeremiah Powers" she yelled storming after me . "I know your hurting but you can't let this stop you from chasing your dreams, put that hurt into a song baby you were born the star baby not her remember that." she spoke leaving the other side of the door.

Comment & Vote❤️