8

It was 11:00 am I woke up to my phone ringing, it was Lisa calling.

"Hello"

"You've been in town one day and already gone viral Monday," she said excitedly

"What you talking about," I said rubbing my eyes sitting up

"I'll send you the link to the Good Morning show," she said hanging up.

I went my messages and clicked on her link it pulled up a video.

"Reporter: So Quincy tells us about your single you dropped last night.

Quincy: Well it's called "Late Night Flex" and the song is really special to me.

Reporter: Woah Quincy don't tell me you were emotional in the booth

Quincy: *chuckles* Yeah I guess so

Reporter: So was the song about someone special

Quincy: *smiles*

Reporter: SO tell us who is the special girl

Quincy : * pauses *Lauren Monday

Reporter: who is Ms. Monday

Quincy: y'all haven't met her yet but y'all will she's a phenomenal writer, her book was stupid crazy"

Reporter: Think she might have a seat on the music video couch?

Quincy: I don't know maybe...

I dropped my phone, what was everyone gonna thinks. I opened my messages back up Quincy had already texted me.

"Good Mornings gotta see you again"

I couldn't respond how could I respond to someone I just met that was already in love with me. My phone began to ring it was Lisa again

"Hello" I spoke

"I need you at the office right now!" Lisa spoke before hanging up

I hope I didn't ruin my one time and only shot just for hanging out with Quincy, something told me not too.

30 Minutes later

I sat down in one of the black leather chairs in front of the long table as Lisa & Mr. Winston Approached the table.

"Lauren, we haven't even released your book yet and you're a star," Lisa said turning on the tv mounted to the wall.

Images of an Instagram post with words of "who is Lauren Monday " plastered across the screen. Then videos of You Tubers with their videos named "Is Monday the new day of the week ?" or "who is Lauren Monday"

"Where is this coming from," I asked

"The song Quincy wrote about you," Lisa said

"Did you guys plan him to do that ?"

"We had no idea Lauren, what an artist does in the studio is their creativity" she paused "you obviously did something from a handshake" she chuckled.

"I don't know if this is important but we hung out last night," I said put my head in my hands.

"Really" Mr. Winston spoke

"Yes, but I didn't know he was gonna write a song about me." I remorse shaking my head

"The press will eat it up if you do a song with him" Mr. Winston suggested.

"What about my book"

"I guarantee that a song with Quincy will up your book sales," he said getting up from the table "Studio 107 If you're interested" him and Lisa continued to walk out.

I walked to the studio where Quincy records and knocked on the door and it swung open.

"Girl you don't have to knock you're my muse," Quincy said laughing "come in"

"Why you say that about me in your interview this morning" I questioned

he chuckled "They asked so I told them" he shrugged

"That song was not about me Quincy " I yelled

"Lauren so many girls would kill to even be in the presence of Quincy Brown & he has a whole song about you" he signed

"Winston thinks that the only way my books will sale is if I do a song with you, since now that you did what you did," I said rolling my eyes.

"Monday that's up to you, " he said leaning back gesturing to the booth. "People express themselves differently, I sing and rap you write simply."

"No Quincy if ima write a song ima sing it nobody is getting credit" I fussed back

"The studio is right there Monday, I'm not putting a gun to your head to go in there." He retaliated

"Alright play the beat," I said walking around him and into the booth.

"Alright Monday show me what you got," he said

The beat played and I snatched the headphones off, "Quincy I express myself in writing, I don't know how to sing or rap"

" It takes time Lauren, find your muse" he chuckled

I came out of the booth and sat on the red couch, he spun around in the chair to face me.

"What made you make a song about me ?"

he sighs "You're everything I've ever wanted Lauren Monday"