14

1 month later

"Lauren, the official signing party for your book selling over one hundred thousand copies is in a week" Lisa spoke

"Dang really?"  I grinned

"Yes and we want to bring some people from your hometown, like family members or friends"

"Oh awesome" I said. The first person I thought about was Jeremiah , I really missed him and even though we had recently started back talking I wasn't sure if he'd take me up on my offer of coming down.

"I have some people in mind" I said to Lisa

"Perfect who?"

"Jeremiah Powers" I smiled.

"Alright who is he to you ?" She said writing on her tablet.

"My boy- just a family friend" I said

"Awesome now I'll get up with your mom and ask her about some more relatives" she said getting up from the couch.

"Don't forget the day after the celebration is the auditions for the record label, and you've been chosen to sit on the panel" she said smiling.

"Okay I got it" I said closing the door behind her.

Things have gotten better between me and Jeremiah hopefully he will take up on my offer. As for me and Quincy haven't been talking much, the media still thinks we're a thing when we never really were.  I had to find some space to myself after I had gotten rid of the baby. Things were falling into place hopefully things would go back to normal. Mama has started rehab, I think this lifestyle had affected her more than me.

Hours later

Jeremiah POV

"Yo man you think this song hot? " I said turning to Aglee

"Run it back bro" he said rubbing the back of his neck

"Whats wrong dawg?" I said

"Me and Jude fussing again" turning his phone over. "Play the track"

"Nah bro it's cool if you needa go you just needa go, I understand"' I said scrolling though my emails. I had sent my songs to a few record labels and I was auditioning in a few days in LA. I was excited and I hoped they would love my music. Me and Lauren we're back talking but not on the same level and it was really tearing me apart, but I couldn't let that stop me from doing what I loved to do because I mean she was doing her right?

I looked at one email that read "Winston's productions" I instantly opened it and read I aloud for Algee to hear as he was packing his stuff"

"Dear Mr Powers,
You've be selected as one of Lauren Monday's entourage. Being that you are a close friend to the superstar you've been selected to celebrate her one hundred thousand books sold. Please email back if your interested in a full paid trip to LA
Thanks Lisa , Winston Make a Wish Foundation

"Bruh" Algee said

"I know right" I sighed

"What are you gonna do ?" He said sitting back down.
I had been working two jobs to pay for the expenses to make to to my auditions in LA and here was a paid in full trip.

"It would be nice to see Lauren, FaceTime ain't really cutting it" I chuckled

"You really think that's real dawg ?" He raised his brow confused

"Yeah I hope so"

"Did you tell Lauren about your audition?" He said

"Nah I ain't had the chance to to be honest" I said looking at the email.

"Well dawg take it then, after you done with her celebration go to your audition the next day" he said shrugging he shoulders.

"You right man that would really save me some money" I said

"What about that Quincy dude is he outta the picture?" He asked

"Man I don't even know as long as he keeps his distance we good" I said clenching my jaw responding to the email.

"Man yk if you need me ima be on the next flight" he laughed