B E L O N G

Hey,
Enjoy this chapter! I believe it took me 19 hours to make this mudderfucker. That song will always hold a special place in my focking heart. Seggsy song.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

B E L O N G
Viewer Discretion is Advised

Narrator's POV
1 week & 2 Days after Oliver's last get-together

"Are you spending the night?" Zeno queried, tossing his keys onto the accent table by his door. "Excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting you to spend the night."

"May I?" Mel replied. She kicked off her shoes and let out a sigh. Mel stretched her arms and headed towards the fridge to grab herself a cup of water. "I didn't realize how long I'd be staying at my mum's. They say she's getting better, but I should expect changes within the next few days. My dad's gone mad. He's all excited and happy. I just don't want to get my hopes up, you know?"

"I get you," said Zeno. "Should I call Oliver and let him know that Oshun will be staying at his home again?"

"I already did," Mel, instead, grabbed a water bottle. "You know, with her being there so often we might as well let her live there." Mel giggled softly before gulping down the 8oz bottle of water.

"If that's the case, shouldn't you move in here well?" Zeno crept against the statement. Mel paused her tracks. She bit her lip and scrunched her eyes closed.

"What, and be roommates?"

"If that's what you want to call it," Zeno badgered. "You have been staying here for a week and 2 days now. Sleeping on my bed while I sleep in Oshun's."

"Well, then you should have expected me to spend the night once again, shouldn't you have?" Mel replied with sass. She smirked before tossing the plastic bottle into the recycling bin. "You know, I don't mind sharing the bed with you. You don't always have to sleep on her twin bed."

Zeno's throat automatically tightened. The thought of being able to sleep right next to Mel made him nervous. It's been a while. A long while, really. "I don't want to feel invasive. I want you to be as comfortable as possible during your stay—"

"Zeno," Mel interrupted with her hands on her hips. "We already have a child. You literally watched her come right out of me. In no way would you ever make me feel uncomfortable. Now, quit being a baby, change into your jammies, and get into bed."

Zeno, being the tender follower that he is, obeyed her every rule. "You aren't even the man of the house and you have me obeying your rules? Seems like a scam to me."

"And what would you want in return?" Mel chuckled. "Do you want me to bake you a cake?"

Hand in marriage, maybe, Zeno thought to himself. "Nothing. Your presence in my empty loft is enough."

"I thought so," Mel snickered. "Could I borrow—"

"Grey shirt or white shirt?" Zeno huffed. He trudged to his closet slowly, anticipating Mel's response.

Mel chuckled softly. Following him, she replied, "Grey sounds cooling to me."

"Grey it is," said Zeno. "Need to borrow anything else?" He grabbed the grey folded shirt from his cabinet above in his walk-in closet and turned away with the shirt in hand. Facing Amelie, he stuck his hand out.

"That is all, thank you," Mel smiled and grabbed the shirt from his hand. She immediately slipped off her blouse and tossed it on the floor. Pulling the grey shirt over her body, Zeno couldn't help but watch for a while.