P O I N T O F V I E W S

Hey guys-

Enjoy this talkative chapter. Read what happened the night everyone was dragged home.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

P O I N T  O F  V I E W S 

scarlett malfoy

"You know you can talk to me, Scarlett," my mother said lowly. 

I looked down at the dinner table and inattentively picked at my fingers. I didn't want to speak, but I know I had to.

"Scarlett?" she calls out once more.

I look up at her with nervousness as her eyes are in awe. She wants to know everything. But I don't think I can tell her everything.

I don't think she'd... understand.

My dad was at the Berkshires, which is much better than him being here. He'd probe me with questions I wouldn't feel comfortable answering.

Not only is my dad there, but my siblings are, too. 

I wonder what they're doing right now. I hope they're not... shaming me.

"Scar-."

"You wouldn't understand, Mum," I mumbled quietly, "I don't really want to get into detail-."

"You don't need to tell me detail by detail. I just need to understand what's going on. I need to know how you're feeling, Scarlett."

I huffed.

"I'm obviously not feeling great," I responded. 

Wow, okay. That was a little mean.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude-."

"I know, Scarlett," mum said. "I understand."

It was really awkward in here. 

But I knew I had to tell her.

"We started... seeing each other... like that last year," I blurted.

Her attention was diverted immediately onto me. I knew my mum was listening. 

"Go on..." 

"I-. At first it was-. It was supposed to be... experimental? I mean, I don't know. Our friends around us were already kissing and stuff-. So-. So he thought-."

"Was it his idea?"

"It was our idea. It was our idea to start, like-. To start doing... couple things?"

"Like holding hands? Kissing? All that?"

"At first it was kissing, yes. But I mean obviously stuff is bound to happen when it's a lot of kissing-."

"Oh, I know-."

"And at first I was hesitant, but I mean it's Zenith. He's someone I could trust, right? We were already close. I mean, we grew up with each other. He really cared about me, and I cared about him," I babbled, "So I thought 'Why not? What's the worst that could happen?'"

"Right."

"We did it a few times until I actually... started liking him in...that way. It felt a little wrong, but that's only because Zeno would probably get mad at me for kissing boys and stuff. Not because Him and Zenith are close, but because I'd be dating a boy in general-."

"Yeah, well that's Zeno for you-."

"I know."

Silence.