AllieMikamore

Tampok ang kuwento na niya sa Bad Boy Romance at WattpadRomancePH's Featured Stories

Tampok ang kuwento na niya sa Bad Boy Romance at WattpadRomancePH's Featured Stories. Ikinagagalak ng RomancePH na ibahagi sa inyo ang aming interview kasama ang author ng Ciao Amore— si AllieMikamore! Mas kilalanin pa siya at malaman ang kanyang proseso sa pagsusulat sa interview na ito.

How did you come up with your username "AllieMikamore"?

When I first joined Wattpad in 2015, my username was Alexllana. Deciding to rebrand last year, I changed it up and merged my pseudonym's nickname, "Allie," with "Miki," the nickname of my Italian celebrity crush. Then I put the word "Amore" at the end as a testament to my love of reading and writing romance stories.

 What's your favorite comfort food?

Mama's pinakbet with bagnet recipe is my favorite comfort food. I used to ask her to make it for lunch or dinner when I was still living with her and Papa two years ago. When I moved out and decided to become vegetarian, I had no choice but to learn how to make my own version of it whenever I craved one. It never failed to make my day better. But whenever I felt lazy chopping all those vegetables, I'd switch to my second favorite comfort food: a bowl of hot, mushy banana-flavored baby food.

How do you fit writing in your schedule?

I'm a freelance graphic designer and illustrator who works from home and earns a passive income. My main jam is designing stationery and greeting cards for US companies and clients. There are months when I am extremely busy (what I call my peak seasons, which typically occur during our summer here in the Philippines) and months when I am completely free to do whatever I want. That is when I write the majority of my novels. On the other hand, I believe that no one is too busy to do what they enjoy, which is why, even during my busiest week, I make it a point to write something (even if it's just a paragraph).

What time do you usually write?

I typically write in the early morning or late at night, when the world is quiet and my neighbors are sleeping.

How did you come up with Ciao Amore?

I was watching a US reality show called Undercover Boss when I came up with the main plot of Ciao Amore, which I then fused with both the boss and mafia plots, both of which were common Wattpad themes. To remain true to the roots of mafiosos, I purposefully made the main character half-Italian.

Among your characters, who do you think has the same characteristics as you?

Both of the main characters, Jodie and Juan Enrique Matteo, represent me, in my opinion. Jodie was a hardworking, goofy woman who is also very caring and family-oriented, qualities that I hold dear. Matteo, on the other hand, was a perfectionist and aggressive businessman—qualities that I share when it comes to working.

When did you start writing on Wattpad?

I started writing last 2015 but had to stop a year later because of several personal reasons. I lost a lot of readers because of that. And then I came back last year and decided to finish my first novel (The Love that Ripped Fate) which also won a Wattys award last 2015 and began writing new romance novels.

Who do you look up to when it comes to writing?

Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Arthur Conan Doyle, Gillian Flynn, Lianne Moriarty, and Sylvia Day are among my favorite writers. In addition, Lana Del Rey's mood music has strongly influenced my recent "dark" storylines (Amore Duology and Romano Series). Ciao Amore was actually inspired by her song "Salvatore."

What's your process when writing? Do you write in a notebook first?

When it comes to writing, I am not very methodical. I just come up with the general plot (usually the beginning and ending) and write it down in Word in table form, mostly for characterization and sequencing. Then I start writing the chapters right away, surrendering my imagination to randomness. I said 'randomness' because I normally lose interest in a novel (or just about anything) when it becomes predictable, even when I am the one writing it (which is strange, but that's how I am, LOL).

What's your message to your readers?

Hello there, dearies! First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who has read my stories and supported my writing journey. I appreciate that you enjoy my craziness and are open to the topics that my stories address, even though they can be uncomfortable and painful at times. You are all beautiful. Please be safe, wear your masks, and stay chill.