CrabLamb

Nagagalak ang RomancePH na ibahagi sa inyo ang aming interview kasama ang isa sa winners ng Heartroma na si CrabLamb! Mas kilalanin pa siya at malaman ang kanyang proseso sa pagsusulat sa interview na ito

Would you join future contests?

Yes, I will since I really love writing short prompts. One of the talents that I am also currently developing is writing broad and fine stories in limited words. I am used to write detailed and long novels that's why I keep joining in contests like this where one of the requirements is 3 digit number of words only. It helps me a lot with my goal.

How do you feel in winning Heartroma?

To be honest, I was surprised. This is my second time winning and I really thought that the first time was just a pure luck. There was a time when I thought that "A moment" is too far? Out of the context? Or maybe, not the expected flow that the reader will read base on the suggested scenarios. But hey, who would have thought!

What is your definition of love?

There is a very broad definition of love but for me, none of it is enough to define the word with justice. Love will always be different in people's point of view, it will always be right but can also be wrong base on the level of dedication. It has so many faces, from platonic to obsession, from familial to romantic, and from short-lived to forever. Sometimes you will wonder if it really exists or you are just attached because someone understands you. One thing is for sure though, it is the only feeling that keeps humans sane from their true nature, it balances everything in this world that keeps the peace, freedom and war in place.

What can you say about the prompt?

I think it suits the romance genre since love is defined like a coffee too. Sometimes it is sweet, sometimes bitter. It's tasty and soothing while hot, and when neglected, it will turn cold. The prompt is a setting and moment builder as coffee is one of the adult's companion in everything.

What inspires you to write?

The life itself. Well, not because it is hard (quite the opposite). Life is beautiful, especially if you explore different point of views by words. It makes me understand things that I don't know. It makes me explore outside my cave.

How did you come up with your story "A moment"

I once encounter a pretty crew in a local coffee shop then when I was reading the prompt, the idea just popped up. I just add some angst, character depth, and lines that (I think) will be hard to forget. I also promised to myself that I want the scene to be like "A moment that you will forget after you get a good night sleep" and a moment that will make the protagonist's past, present, and future self intersect. I also challenged my self by writing it in two hours, so basically, I conceptualized the flow for 30 minutes and wrote the whole thing in 1 and half hour.

Do you drink coffee?

I am not fond of hot coffee or any warm drinks to be honest (except tea). The only beverages that I drink with caffeine are ice coffee and frappe. 

When did you start writing in wattpad?

2013. But I abandoned my old account and I kind of quit when I was 15 and came back March last year.

How did you come up with username?

My bipolarity *chuckles*. Crab for my oh-so-called dark side since I love to choke everything that I can't grasp properly, I am also a cancer (zodiac sign), so it fits. Lamb part is for my light side basically.

What is your message to co-writers?

Keep the creativity intact and never be satisfied with your work. Always seek for other sources and avoid clichès flow. Please do compare your past work to your current to see your development (from flow to grammar). Ask yourself with "What are the areas I still lack and what parts of my stories were repetitive? ". Be harsh on yourself if you know you are the type who's easy to get lazy and demotivated. If you want to be recognized then work on it, if you want to improve then earn it. That's all.