CH-1 BETTER BE READY!

The world we live in is quite interesting and mysterious. Magic, demons, dragons and a lot more to observe!

But...

Such things are facinating only as long as they are within our reach, harmless to us and..

In our grasp.

Such a shame, us mortals can't enjoy the taste of such immense power so we are confined for using swords, bows, shields....

But, a question arises during this period, this era-

How far will these metallic and wooden toys carry us?

Lets find out...

Till we are alive and are able to survive with our skills...

And our will. Oh! Isn't will one of the most precious gifts of us mortals bestowed by our god upon us??

Lets see how precious it is....

METAFORB KINGDOM PALACE

CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

Must be something urgent. The king calling me? That's a quite exceptional scenario!!

Usually, the general is the one who summons the captains but it seems that the king has some urgent work with his knights that's why he called me instead of wasting time on summoning the generals.

As I continued to walk towards the throne room, I saw Captain Lynn walking ahead of me in the same direction.

"Captain Lynn!" I called out from behind.

Looking back at me, Lynn stopped and smiled.

" So king Lutkins has called you too. What does he want? You roasting me as always? " Lynn asked, chuckling.

" You get a roasting because you slack off during work." I said with a smirk as i caught up to him and we both continued walking.

" With my leadership and skills, I can get a work done in an hour if you take 4 to get that done." Lynn said proudly.

" Oh really? What about the time when your knights clumsily burned down an entire stable that was built just 2 days ago and you begged me to cover up that accident?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

" I did that for the sake of my boys. It wasn't my mistake in the first place!" Lynn argued.

I sighed and decided not to argue with him further, there is rarely anyone in this kingdom who can beat him in a debate. Off course,most of his statements might be senseless many times but at the end, speaking man stands victorious, right?

Captain Lynn-average height, blond hair, handsome face and an excellent swordsman. What else do you need to become a heroic guy in this era, huh?

With his skills, he was promoted to captain only a month ago and I can observe quite well that he hasn't improved his attitude and nature to be called worthy of becoming one.

But on the other hand, he is a kind hearted fella, always ready to help anyone...

Even when it is almost impossible for him to do so.

Finally, we arrived in front of the throne room of the king.

Entering, we saw King Lutkins sitting on his throne, his head cupped in his hands.

From his expression, one can say that he was in a deep thought....

A very stressful thought.

" King Lutkins, we have arrived." Lynn said as both of us bowed before him.

King Lutkins beckoned us to raise our heads.

" You must be wondering why I called you, the captains of Metaforb here without any planned meeting , right?" The king asked.

" As a matter of fact, we do, majesty." Lynn said.

" Well , the thing is, a planned meeting would only be a wastage of time during such a terrible war situation..."

" War!!? " Both me and Lynn exclaimed with surprise.

" That's right. Its like a bitter pill for me to tell you that but what can be done now?" King Lutkins said with a sigh.

" But which kingdom is planning to invade us?" I asked.

" Its not a kingdom of our world. Its the Witherwing kingdom of the netherrealm." The king said with an anxious sigh.

My blood ran cold and chill went down my spine when I heard that and I can bet the same for Captain Lynn when I looked at him.

The Witherwing kingdom, one of the three kingdoms of netherrealm is a kingdom that has ability to crush all kingdoms of our world at once.

This kingdom is too overpowered for us to challenge!!

" I beg your pardon, majesty. But are you sure that you haven't jumped to this conclusion without a solid evidence? " I asked, hesitating.

" Captain Elsa!" Captain Lynn hissed.

King Lutkins chuckled sadly.

" Its alright, Lynn. Anyone would react like this after receiving such news all of a sudden after waking up from your bed." He said.

" Our scouting party has got enough evidences to prove this hostility of Witherwing towards us. For instance, many Wither knights were found lurking around the forests near our kingdom. Moreover, even an entire camp of Wither Knights has been confirmed in the forests." King Lutkins explained.

" But still we can't be sure whether they are waging a war against us or not." I said.

" But that doesn't mean that we can't take precautionary steps to get ready just in case the worst comes up. Remember, sitting ideal against such a powerful force is a suicide decision. " King Lutkins said.

" I won't argue against that, your majesty." I muttered, my head low.

" So, your majesty. What have you planned to do?" Captain Lynn asked.

" I have decided to increase toll taxes and land taxes to increase our war expenditure as facing Witherwing would require immense manpower along with costly information by brokers. " King Lutkins said.

" Is the general aware of this?" Captain Lynn asked.

" He was the one who sent the scouting party." The king replied, chuckling.

" You don't trust us, do you?" I asked, making a disappointed face.

" I am really sorry. I will make sure to give you a big and responsible job today only." King Lutkins said.

" How so, your majesty?" I asked.

He smiled.

" Cause I am about to announce a major descision within a few hours."