CH-15 DEADLY DINNER

CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

It was awkward.

No...

It was too awkward to walk with this bandit at almost midnight! I just hope that nobody gets a wrong idea about this.

" Well, I have one question in my mind." Alec said as he walked beside me.

" Speak it." I grumbled.

" Couldn't you take your knights' help to get this case sorted out?" He asked.

" Come on, enough knights have been sacrificed in today's incident." I said with a sigh.

That startled Alec.

" Hey! What's exactly inside that restaurant? Are you planning to get me butchered!?" He asked, bringing his face close to mine.

" Hey! Get your face off me. You stink!" I yelped, my cheeks turning a bit red.

" How many hostiles can be in that restaurant?" Alec asked.

" I suspect only the butcher. As I have already told you, he also works as a chef in Glutton love." I replied as we walked.

Finally, after walking for 10 minutes, we were in front of Glutton Love restaurant.

Suddenly, Alec covered his mouth with his hand.

" What's wrong?" I asked him, puzzled by the changes in his expressions.

" I smell meat." He muttered, stepping away from the restaurant.

" Well, this restaurant does serve meat. So what's wrong in that? " I asks Alec.

In return, he just stared at me with cold eyes.

" Wait! Don't tell me that you are a vegetarian!? " I guessed, surprised.

" Glad that I didn't needed to mention." Alec muttered as he turned his face away from the restaurant.

" I thought you eat meat because-"

" Because I am bandit who lives away from the kingdom so I must have learned to eat everything, right?" Alec completed my statement.

" Yeah." I said with a sigh.

" So, you won't come in?" I asked him, hesitatingly.

"I will, anything for money. Just don't order meat at our table." Alec replied.

I was glad to realize that he hadn't decided to quit yet.

" Off course." I said gaily.

Then, we entered the restaurant.

" A table for two, please." I said with a smile to the woman on the counter.

" No problem, Miss. Please go to the third table of first row and make yourself comfortable. Want someone to show you the seats?" The woman asked.

" No, we are good." I replied with smile.

As we walked towards our table, Alec asked,

" Have you came here before? "

" I did once, with Lamia." I replied.

" And, who is this Lamia?" Alec asked.

" Not your business, bandit." I replied coldly.

" Oh! So she is dead?" Alec asked with a chuckle.

" No, dumbwitt!! How could you guess such terrible things!?" I asked angrily.

" Its simple human nature, people usually don't want to talk about the ones they lost." Alec said as we sat down on the table, facing opposite to each other.