CH-14 THE BUTCHER

METAFORB CASTLE
MEETING ROOM
CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

The atmosphere in the meeting room seemed to be quite tense.

Captain Lynn looked quite stressed and was repeatedly gulping water while General Kasmir kept staring at king Lutkins, hoping him to start the discussion.

My back wound wasn't fully healed but it was not a big trouble for me as I am used to injuries.

Instead, I have faced far more critical injuries in many intense battles.

However, I must admit that the injury could have got far worse if that bandit hadn't helped me.

I had lost my mental peace since that incident. I was frustated, irritated and moreover, depressed .

How?

How could I let an egoistic criminal save me!!?

After a brief moment of silence, King Lutkins began,

" I hope you all know why this meeting has taken place tonight. Usually , we conduct meeting during daytime but the circumstances this time are quite critical. Hence, we must find the traitor who had revealed the scouting team's plot to Witherwing forces!"

All of us where quite surprised by witnessing the surging anger in King Lutkins.

He is known to stay calm and gentle even when someone abuses him.

However, it seems that he can't bear traitors who sell off their kingdom for their selfish means.

That's the thing I like about him.

" Milord, before you suspect the knights of Metaforb for this treachery, I must report that no knight was allowed to roam outside the kingdom without their Captain's guidance since last 2 weeks." General Kasmir stated.

" So, can we assume that either our Captain or our General have betrayed us?" Minister Ellie asked.

However, King Lukins was quite annoyed by her words.

" I know that I can trust these three blindly. So I would like you to suspect someone else." The king said.

" Who else was there who knew about the scouting party's mission?" Minister Wolf asked.

King Lutkins had no answer for this question.

Or I must say, he had no answer only for a while.

" How long was our scouting party's mission supposed to last?" He asked General Kasmir.

" They were asked to return within 3 days." General Kasmir replied.

" So, can we assume that they had got food supplied for them?" King Lutkins asked with a smile.

At that moment, it clicked me.

" The only way to arrange food would be the restaurents!" I said.

" Exactly! Isn't it possible that the traitor is a guy among the restaurent staff!?" King Lutkins asked, getting more indulged in the case.

" It is, but there are 12 restaurants in the entire kingdom. Won't it take long to find out the culprit?" Minister Ellie asked.

" No, its simple. We just have to find out which person related to these restaurants goes out of the kingdom." Captain Lynn said.

" Yes, and with the resources we have, we can find the person in no time." General Kasmir said.

" Alright, Captain Lynn. I want you to find out such people who have been recently travelling outside the kingdom. Take as many enumerators as you want with you but I want this information within 2 hours." King Lutkins commanded .