CH-12 THE ATTACK

ALEC'S POV

" I am glad that we were able to meet our quota for today!" A knight said while riding.

"Hey! We are living beings and not an item!" One of the bandits complained.

" Yes, and you should feel grateful that we have decided to help you in the war!' Another bandit said.

" Didn't they gave a bribe of 20 silver coins to each of you. Never knew you would sell off so easily. " I muttered, looking at the bandits.

" Seriously, do you wanna turn them against us?" Captain Elsa said, looking at me.

I simply ignored her words and continued to ride towards.

One bandit who was riding next to Elsa whistled at her.

" Hey, babe! Do you have a boyfriend or you are single?" The bandit asked with a creepy grin.

Captain Elsa ignored her and turned her head in opposite direction.

In my direction.

" Don't look at me, will lose my concentration." I muttered.

" I almost forgot that you are a perv like them." Elsa said with a smirk.

" If you wanna lighten my mood than it won't work, Cap." I muttered.

" Listen! I don't care how you feel or how you-"

Suddenly, an arrow came from the right side of the forest and got buried into one of the bandit's neck, killing him.

" Dammit!! Ride faster!" Captain Elsa yelled.

" We must fight, shouldn't we!?" A bandit yelled.

" No! We don't know how many attackers we have! Don't jump foolishly!" Elsa yelled.

Suddenly, from the long bushes next to me, jumped out a black armored corpse on a skeleton horse.

Its eye sockets were empty and its jaw was wide open.

And it was looking right at me.

" Kill it, Alec!!" Elsa yelled.

However, I was completely, intimidated by its appearance and couldn't even grab my weapons.

Suddenly, the corpse was struck in the chest by an arrow and was knocked down from its skeleton horse.

" Fight or die, fool!! I thought you were brave!!" A bandit who had shot the corpse, said.

" These are withered knights. I don't know how they found us! This route is the safest one to the kingdom!" Captain Elsa said.

I looked back and realized that several withered knights were chasing us on their skeleton horses with long, sharp edged swords in their hands.

" Faster!! Don't let them catch up!!" A bandit yelled.

One withered knight was able to catch up with that bandit and was about to attack him but I quickly shot it down with my crossbow.

" Welcome back, asshole." A bandit said to me with a grin.

Another withered knight appeared by my side but I managed to shot it down.

" Keep riding! We are almost there! Once we reach the entrance, they will be shot down by the archers!" Captain Elsa yelled as she stabbed a withered knight in its throat with her rapier, killing it.

However, this evasion was never meant to be successful for us.

" Wait! I think something's hanging ahead!" Captain Elsa yelled.