CH-4 AGGRESSIVE INTRO

NORTHERN METAFORB FOREST

THIRD PERSON POV

As the bandits moved deeper into the forest, their head, Fowl announced-

" We didn't got sufficient supplies to last even for a week . We might have to raid another place sometime sooner."

" And you still spared that old man, Fowl." Alec muttered with a sigh.

" Maybe our ration will last longer if you start eating less, Alec." Leon said with a chuckle.

" Yeah! And maybe our money would be saved more if you waste lesser arrows by missing your mark." Alec replied causing the entire group to roar in laughter.

" Cut it out, Leon. You can't beat him in arguement. Alec has always been like this." Fowl said .

" Alright! Lets camp here! The sun is about to fall within an hour or so. Going deeper would be a deadly move at night." Fowl annouced .

The bandits stopped their horses and got off. Within 10 minutes,  a large campfire was created and all the bandits sat around it in circle.

As the bandits started eating the cooked food they had obtained from the village, Alec muttered -

" Its quite tasteless. "

" Don't fuss on food, kiddo. You never know when you have your last meal." Fowl muttered grimly.

Alec stared at the eyepatched bandit who quietly chewed his bread.

" That guard's death is bothering you too, huh?" He asked Fowl.

" Actually it is. And I want to know who did it." Fowl replied.

There was a sudden silence among the group. Even the eating noises had been faded now.

All the badits looked at Fowl in fear.

" Who shot the arrow?" Fowl asked, giving a deadly glare to everyone around him.

If the culprit had been a cunning lier among the group then he would have remained silent.

Unfortunately, Niro wasn't one.

" I-It was me." He spoken meekly, slowing raising his hand. Now he had gained the attention of all bandits.

Fowl continued to stare angrily at Niro.

Analyzing the situation , Alec spoke,

" He never did it on purpose,  Fowl. Niro isn't an expert archer like Lyon!"

" Didn't you said earlier that Lyon misses a lot?" Fowl muttered .

Alec gritted his teeth.

Fowl is not a fool. He knows when to use one's statement against himself only.

Or we can say, it was Alec's hostility that had now left both him and Niro defenceless.

" Niro, you are the best spy and the only information broker in our group." Fowl began.

" Moreover, you can be reffered as a scientist who keeps trying to invent new things."

" But never actually creates one." Leon said with a chuckle.

Fowl ignored Leon's sarcasm.

" So, why you decided to shoot that guard even when you know that you arn't meant to wield a bow?"

" T-That guard was about to stab Alec. T-That's why..." Niro replied in a low tone.

" Ahh! That freaking friendship of yours!" Fowl grumbled, throwing a log into the campfire.