CH- 19 PREPARATIONS

MIDNIGHT

IN METAFORB

ALEC'S POV

The crowd cheered in enthusiasm as Captain Elsa and the rest of the knights raised skulls of the defeated withered knights.

Or we can say, tricked withered knights.

Or I guess it doesn't matter in the war. Strategies are the key to victory and we prepared ours very well.

" I thought that they would be scared if you showed them the skulls like this." I whispered in Captain Elsa's ears.

" Since the heads of withered knights are almost empty without any matter, this looks less gory. That might be the reason that people aren't afraid of seeing them." Captain Elsa replied.

From the castle, King Lutkins and General Kasmir were clapping for us, impressed by the success of the mission without any casuality.

Except Mark.
Doesn't matter, no one's gonna remember him, anyway.

Soon, someone among the civilians released a rocket in the air.

Slowly, more and more rockets flew in the sky. A firework had begun.

" Fools." I muttered.

" Now what's wrong in a little celebration?" Captain Elsa asked.

" We hardly killed 10 to 15 withered knights. The war hasn't even started yet." I said.

"Its fine, as long as it gives them hope." Captain Elsa replied with a smile.

"The higher you hope, the harder you fall." I muttered.

" What exactly do you mean by that!?" Captain Elsa asked.

" Do you really think that your army can beat Witherwing? You have hardly recruited 50 bandits yet!" I said with a chuckle.

" Then, why are you still here? Why not run away?" Captain Elsa asked.

" I never wanted to help your kingdom in the first place but our pathetic boss just wants to be a savior all of a sudden!" I grumbled.

" You still like your boss, right?" Elsa asked.

" Good or not, that enthusiastic old man still raised me. I can't abandon him now." I replied with a sigh as I began riding away.

" Gotta go and sleep. We have to recruit more bandits tomorrow, right?" I asked.

" Off course, get up early or I will have to drag you out of that barn." Captain Elsa said with a chuckle.

As I was riding towards my barn, a little girl came in front of my horse.

I quickly stopped by horse.

" Watch out! Do you wanna get hurt!?" I asked angrily as I got off my horse and walked towards the girl.

" S-Sorry!" The girl stammered before running away.

What's the need to running like that!?

Am I a monster!?

Maybe, I am.

And I like being one.

No one to hurt me anymore. Alteast, physically.

Was running away even worthed it?

NEXT DAY, EARLY MORNING

NIRO'S POV

" Who's there!!? Can't you let me sleep in peace!!?" I grumbled and got up from my bed made of haybale as I heard a loud knocking on the barn's gate.