CH-23 BROKEN APART

METAFORB CASTLE ROOFTOP

DUSK

THIRD PERSON POV.

" Welcome, Mr Fowl!! I was waiting for you , half expecting that you won't show up!" General Kasmir said with a smile as Fowl arrived at the rooftop of Mefaforb castle.

" I don't particularly know about your taste but I picked up the best wine I could afford." General Kasmir said, handing Fowl a glass of wine.

" Anything's suitable for me, guy's not spoiled with luxury." Fowl muttered with a chuckle as he gulped down the wine.

" For our victory. " General Kasmir said, raising his glass.

" We lost many good men and innocent civilians, its a defeat for me." Fowl muttered.

" Mr Fowl, if a warrior always looked upon the loss of his people then he would always face downfall only. We should remember the ones we lost but should always remember the fact that we saved many more from death too." General Kasmir said with a smile as he walked on the terrace.

" I think you are right, General but why exactly have you called me here?" Fowl asked.

" I just wanted to appreciate the bravery and strength you showed today along with your fellow gang members." General Kasmir said , still smiling.

" I know that it is not true, General. You don't need to drink anymore to get courage to speak up." Fowl said.

" I-I..... I want you and other bandits to leave this kingdom." General Kasmir said.

Fowl was surprised to hear that.

" Did a mistake happened by our hands?" Fowl asked.

" When I saw you people first, I realized at once that no mistake can happen by your hands." General Kasmir said.

" Then why do you want to send us away? Is it for our safety?" Fowl asked.

General Kasmir nodded.

" Witherwing kingdom is not a regular kingdom we can handle. Even if we merged our forces with every single bandit and Rosenburg's knight, we will still perish." General Kasmir said.

" Then why don't you get these civilians evacuated? " Fowl asked.

" We already tried it. A few left too but the remaining just refuse to leave. You see, this kingdom has been in existence for over 200 years. People's memories exist in this kingdom. They will never abandon the place that created so many memories for them." General Kasmir said with a smile.

" Neither will we, then." Fowl muttered.

General Kasmir looked at Fowl in surprise.

" The other gangs can leave if they intend too but our boys are some greedy bastards. They will protect this kingdom with all they have got. Afterall, they have to smash your budget up after this war by demanding high rewards." Fowl said with smile.

General Kasmir sighed and chuckled.

It is the first time after so many years that he had felt presence of another strong ally standing with him in the battlefield.

MERLIC LABORATORY

THIRD PERSON POV

" Will she be alright?" Captain Lynn asked Marline.

" I somehow managed to neutralize her drug effects but she might hallucinate a bit." Marline replied.

And then she asked,