CH-9 TIRED ADVENTURERS

ALEC'S POV

"Sooooo big." Niro mumbled as he looked at the huge walls surrounding the kingdom in which we were about to arrive.

" Atleast something is big." I muttered with a chuckle as I turned back and quickly glanced at the Metaforbian captain.

And quickly turned m head back in front, realizing that she was looking directly at me with burning eyes.

She got my joke?

And here I thought that she is just an egoistic and dumb captain of knights.

" And now you will realize the true meaning of my words that you heard back in camp." Fowl muttered in my ear and then rode past me.

" What do you mean?" I asked him but he ignored.

" I am glad that we made it safely in the dark. " Leon said.

" I wonder why we encountered so less undead on our way?" Niro asked.

" Hunters from Metaforb generally roam in these parts of forest. They kill every hostile entity on sight making it safer for travellers to travel around these parts. " Captain Elsa explained.

" How much are they paid for it?" Niro asked.

" 2 copper coins for 1 undead." Captain Elsa replied.

" That's way too less!" I complained.

" Why don't you talk to our king and bring justice to the hunters?" Elsa asked with a smirk.

" You smirk a lot, who are you, a witch?" I asked.

" What have you just said!?"

" You deaf!?"

Our arguement ended when we arrived at the entrance. It was a huge iron gate guarded by 4 guards.

" Welcome back, Captain Elsa." A guard greeted while the other guard signalled the knight inside to open up the gate.

" What took you so long, Captain?!" Another guard asked worriedly.

" Some unexpected things took place but we took care of them." Elsa replied.

" We did the most work so stop showing off." I grumbled.

Unfortunately, she heard that.

However, she wasn't offended this time.

Instead, she smiled and walked ahead.

Entering in the safety of the kingdom's walls, we saw a big group of knights waiting for us.

In the next moment, a blond armored guy approached Captain Elsa.

" Elsa! Where were you roaming!? You know what time it is!?" He asked frantically.

" Stop worrying that much about me , Captain Lynn." Elsa replied with a chuckle.

"Its not just me who was worried about you. The king was about to send a search party for you and your group." The guy said.

" Fowl, this is Captain Lynn." Elsa introduced.

Then she looked back at Captain Lynn.

" And he is Fowl. He is the leader of the bandits whom I have brought."

Captain Lynn looked critically at the big eyepatched bandit who too was staring at him.

" W-Well, you surely are a tough one, arn't you?" Captain Lynn said with a nervous chuckl as he stepped back.

" Not that enough as I was before. Old age, you know." Fowl replied calmly.

" By the way, Lynn. We weren't able to meet the quota. They are only 25." Captain Elsa said.

" And most of us arn't even sure whether to join you or not." I said with a chuckle.

Captain Lynn approached me.

" You must really like joking, right?" He asked with a smile as he grabbed my shoulder.

" Indeed, made many on the way." I replied , also smiling.

" He really was a pain, Captain Lynn." Elsa said with a sigh.

" He gave you trouble?" Lynn asked.

Elsa looked at me for a minute and then smiled.

" You know, I hate complaining but on the other hand, I can't lie too. He really was a pain in the ass, Lynn." She said and walked away.

Captain Lynn's grip got tighter on my shoulder.

" Alright! All of you, follow my knights! They will guide you to your resting place. We have to meet the king tomorrow!" Lynn said with a smile.

" Alright, let's g-"

" Stay here for a few moments. Let's have a talk." Lynn said.

" You won't hurt him, will you?" Fowl asked Lynn.

" Off course not." Lynn replied with a smile.

THIRD PERSON POV

As soon as everyone was gone, Captain Lynn's smile faded and he looked directly into the eyes of the bandit.

" So, dirty bandit. Were your jokes as dirty as you?" He asked.

" Nah! They were even dirtier, just like your kingdom." Alec replied with a smile.

Lynn eyes were buring with anger by now.

He raised his fist at Alec, only to stop it in mid-air .

" Nice decision. It could have been your last." Alec muttered.

" Listen, if you created any trouble here, then your head would be in a furnace." Captain Lynn muttered.

" Come on! Give some bigger threats! I have killed more brutally than you can even lie." Alec said, chuckling.

" You have killed many innocents, haven't you." Captain Lynn asked, staring coldly at the bandit.

Suddenly, Alec spun and jerked off Lynn's hand from his shoulder, surprising him.

" Sorry but isn't it too hot for long physical contacts? And by the way, I am dying to sleep. See ya tomorrow." Alec muttered before walking away.

" There is no knight to guide you here now. Let me come with you." Captain Lynn said.

" Actually there is someone." Alec said, turning back.

From behind a wall, came Leon. His bow was right in his hands along with an arrow in the other hand.

" You..."

" I told ya before. You made a really good decision by not engaging me." Alec said with a grin before walking away with Leon.

10 MINUTES LATER

ALEC'S POV

"Wait! This barnhouse!?" I shrieked as I entered the building.

" This is where we all are sleeping, Alec. Don't fuss here." Leon muttered with a yawn.

" Come on!! No way I would be able to sleep here!" I complained.

" Complaining won't give you the access to the palace's luxuries." Leon muttered as he folded his arms.

" One more question, will I sleep alone?" I mumbled nervously.

" Indeed." Leon replied.

We both stared at each other for a while .

As Leon quickly turned around to leave the barn, I held his arm.

" No way I am sleeping with you!!" Leon shrieked, struggling to remove my grip.

" Please!! Just tonight!!" I begged, almost crying.

"You are a grown man now, show some maturity!!" Leon yelled as he pushed me back and rushed out of the barn.

" Don't you dare close the gate!!" I yelled, seeing his hand on the barn's gate.

" No hard feelings. It will only make you stronger." Leon said with a grin.

As I screamed, Leon closed the barn's gate, leaving me in utter darkness.