CH-33 HOPE REMAINS

4 DAYS LATER

METAFORB KINGDOM

CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

Exter king Warsius and both his captains had safely arrived in Metaforb 3 days ago.

Rosenburg's king Aurthor had to head back to his kingdom for military preparations but Princess Cilcia is still in Metaforb, training under Leon.

Chris was alive as the dagger attack wasn't deep enough to damage his heart but he was still bedridden and he might stay out of action for a good time.

And today, the summoning of Norzaic was completed.

I walked into the medic room where Alec was lying on the bed.

His eyes opened as soon as I walked in.

Of course he wouldn't be sleeping right now.

Neither he will relax as long as I am here.

I slowly walked towards a nearby chair and sat on it.

How are you?

Does it hurts?

I am sorry for your friend.

I didn't asked anything like that.

I just remained quiet.

The silence in the room was making me uncomfortable.

However, things got more tense for me as Alec slowly turned his face towards me.

His eyes were as cold as usual.

His cheeks were wet indicating that he had cried before I saw him.

" Am I really pathetic? You tell me, please..." I mumbled, almost about to cry.

I had never cried in front of anyone except my parents and the General.

And I didn't wanted to cry in front of Alec either.

Not because it would make me look pathetic but because it would anger him more.

" It wasn't your fault." Alec muttered.

I looked up at him in utter surprise.

" It was me who became an asshole and declined coming with you. I am the one who kept his back turned at you guys." Alec mumbled, his voice slowly becoming softer due to his overcoming sadness.

" N-Not its not you fault. Y-You helped in defending Exter from Witherwing forces. Y-You even killed that giant monster Oduk!" I said.

" That drunkyard captain of Exter threw her life on line to protect me. I wouldn't be here either if she hadn't come for my aid. And you.... You fought weaponless against a demon with mystical powers." Alec mumbled.

Then he continued,

" You put your life on line for everyone's sake. It wasn't only the royalty you were protecting so far. You protected everyone who was worth that effort. Chris told me that you stopped Derek and yourself confronted that hooded monster. You have the level of bravery that I might never achieve in my life."

Finally he looked into my eyes and I saw tears in his eyes for the first time.

" Fowl was right. Your worth was always much more than mine." He muttered in a broken voice.

" No leave and let me rest for a whi-"

I approached Alec and wrapped him tightly in my arms.

" W-What do you think you are doing, you idiot?" Alec mumbled in a crying voice.

" I don't know but its much better than doing nothing while you suffer like this." I whispered in his ears as tears fell from my eyes.

We kept closed to each other for a long, good moment before I finally let go of him.

" Go, your kingdom needs you." Alec muttered with a smile as he took out a pouch filled with money.

" And this is the money I looted from the last village we raided. I hid it in my barn so that you wouldn't suspect me. Take it and give it to someone who needs it." He muttered.

" But won't you need it?" I asked him.

" Derek died with only one greed. Greed of knowing that his close ones were alive till the end. Now I have only one greed- Greed of Vengance. I will be the one to kill that hooded bastard." Alec muttered.

I slowly pressed my forehead against his and said,

" You might not get it.......

" Cause I will be the one to kill that fucker."

THIRD PERSON POV

METAFORB CASTLE BASEMENT

The three Captains- Lynn, Antoyno and Lizia were standing in front of  the Norzaic along with King Lutkins and King Warsius and General Kasmir.

" So, are you ready to go to depts of hell?" Lynn asked Lizia with a chuckle.

" Not sure but it might look less terriying when I get drunk." Captain Lizia replied jokingly.

" It will be our first time entering the Netherrealm. It will be a major risk, Warsius." King Lutkins said.

" I am ready to take this risk. I have nothing to fear now as my kingdom already has been dragged into this death fair." King Warsius replied.

" The summoning book implied that Norzaic always opens near the Flamia kingdom as it was first summoned by King Benethvolt in order to get help from Princess Abigail." General Kasmir said.

King Warsius got a bit uncomfortable when he heard the previous Metaforb ruler's name but nobody noticed that.

Or we can say that King Lutkins and General Kasmir noticed Warsius's reaction but didn't said anything.

" Shall we go now? 30 Metaforb knights have been recruited for our support." Captain Lynn asked.

King Warsius nodded.

A bright red glow was emerging from the portal along with some noises.

" Those are certainly not pleasant ones." General Kasmir said.

" We will find out once we get there." King Lutkins said with a tensed grin.

SO WHAT'S THE CONCLUSION OF THIS WAR TILL NOW?

THE WITHERWING FORCES ARE LITERALLY OVERPOWERING US HUMANS.

METAFORB IS BEING DEFEATED....

....SO FAR.

BUT ITS STILL A MIRACLE THAT WE HUMANS ARE STILL ALIVE AFTER ALL THOSE CLASHES WITH THE MIGHTY DEMONS.

LETS FIND OUT WHETHER WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A POWERFUL COMRADE IN THE FORM OF FLAMIA FORCES OR NOT.

THE CANDLE OF HOPE IS STILL ENLIGHTED.

                                         To be continued.