CH-10 BITTER JUSTICE

NEXT DAY
CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

"Alright, make sure you leave all your weapons before following me to the castle!" I announced to the bunch of bandits that were in front of me.

Everyone there was looking fully energetic even after sleeping in the barns.

As expected, these bandits are used to discomforts of life and don't depend on luxuries.

This means there would be little to no requirements for their shelter, they can easily manage in barns.

However, one bandit wasn't even fully awake.

And he was the least person among them to whom I would have wanted to talk to.

" You there! You are Alec, right!? " I shouted, pointing my finger in the bandit's direction.

He slowly looked towards me with his dark circled eyes that gave me chills for a moment.

" Me??" Alec mumbled dreamingly as he pointed his finger on himself.

" Yes you, idiot!! What were you doing all night!? Haven't you slept!?" I asked.

" None of your concern, dumbo." He slowly mumbled.

Unfortunately for him, I heard that.

I walked towards the group of bandits , grabbed Alec by his collar and dragged him out.

" Hey! The heck!?" He grumbled as I dragged him out of the group.

" Listen, if you fell asleep or yawned loudly with this dirty mouth of yours in the presence of king, then I won't hesitate to punish you." I muttered.

" Are you my master?" Alec asked, chuckling like a drunk.

" Leave him!! He gets out of his wits during lack of sleep!" Leon said from the crowd.

" Whatever, I won't cause any trouble but stay away from me, you stink." Alec mumbled.

I sighed..

And threw a punch at his face.

To my surprise, Alec managed to catch my fist even in his sleepy state.

Then, pulling me close to him, he mumbled,

" Get a little more cocky in your ways and I will forget that you are a woman."

As he let go off me, I quickly walked back.

" Go back." I muttered and to my surprise, he instantly went back to his group.

" Captain Lynn must have already reached the castle with his recruited bandits. We must hurry!" I said.

After my knights checked the bandits for any weapons, we started moving towards the castle.

For a regular bandit gang, some of them are really skilled.

While some can be really dangerous too.

" No one will talk about that witches incident in the castle!" I said as we continued walking.

" Won't the king be angry when he realises that you failed to gather 30 bandits?" Niro asked.

" That's none of your concern. Now, zip your mouth. Only the bandit leader Fowl would speak in front of the king!" I replied.

I might be getting strict and cold but its better in that way.

For you people.

METAFORB CASTLE
CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV