CH-17 LAB RATS

CAPTAIN ELSA'S POV

METAFORBIAN CASTLE

MEETING ROOM

" Well done, Captain! You have proved yourself once again by getting out the information from that criminal's mouth!" King Lutkins praised me.

" I am honored by your praise, milord . But that bandit too helped me in the interrogation. " I replied.

" You mean that Alec guy?" Captain Lynn asked.

" Yeah, that guy. He was pretty good in generating fear in that butcher's heart. Moreover, he was the one who helped me catch the butcher in the restaurant." I explained.

I don't have any favours on that bandit but still, I can't steal someone's credit.

" Very well then, he should be rewarded ." King Lutkins said.

" I don't think there is need for that, milord. I already paid him 15 gold coins for his work." I said.

" 15 gold coins!? That's too much for some fighting and interrogation!" Captain Lynn said.

" He risked his life while catching that butcher. Moreover, he was demanding 25 gold coins at first. I somehow managed to bargain." I explained.

" That bandit surely is greedy." Captain Lynn grumbled.

" Lets leave his topic aside for a while. What do you plan to do now, Captain?" King Lutkins asked.

" Yeah, I came here specially to tell you that. I am planning an ambush on that camp Mark was talking about." I said.

" I won't approve that, Captain Elsa. We have already lost many knights and I don't intend on losing more in this attack." General Kasmir said who was quite the whole time.

" We won't lose anyone! It would be a sneak attack!" I argued.

" I will have to agree with Captain Elsa's decision here, General. We must prevent the Witherwing forces from spreading by ambushing the origons they have setted up in our world." King Lutkins declared.

" But milord, the king of Rosenburg is arriving within 3 days! We need a big group of knights to protect him from invasions!" General Kasmir said .

" Its okay, a small group of knights in this ambush will be fine. Will 20 knights be fine, Captain?" King Lutkins asked.

" I need only 10, milord. Mark informed that there are about 15 to 20 withered knights in the camp." I said.

" But what if more withered knights have got deployed in that place?" Captain Lynn spoke up.

" I am pretty sure that no more reinforcements would arrive from their side as long as they don't sense any danger." I replied.

" Very well, Captain. Then you shall carry out this counterattack. But please be careful and don't hesitate to retreat if the situation gets out of your hands." King Lutkin said.

" Thanks for your concern, milord but I am not sure that I will be able to let myself flee from a battle." I spoke boldly.

" Remember that Elsa, its always better to survive 10 battles and save 1000 lives than to bravely die in your first battle and save none." General Kasmir said with a smile.

" I have fought countless battles, General. I won't let that condition to arrive." I said before getting up.

" I won't disappoint you, milord." I said and bowed to the king before leaving the meeting room.

I already had a plan in my mind about how to play this.

30 MINUTES LATER

MERLIC LABORATORY