Chapter 44: Cat-Talk

Ashla didn't know what to say to her human husband, hearing that her husband had a Siamese Cat as a child when he was young.

Ashla: "Let me get this straight: when you were a child, your first companion was a Siamese Cat? Of all things, why did it have to be one of us Siamese Cat, why?!"

Royce: "It's not like I enslaved the poor cat," Royce explains to his wife whom only continues to listen, "my mother gave me a kitten so that I wouldn't be as lonely, I took care of him, and he loved me too. He'd always come running towards my door and squeeze under it just so he could be with me."

Ashla: "Seriously? That compassionate? Whatever happened to it?"

Royce: "He ran away, became a stray and mother refused to allow him back into the house due to fear of him carrying ticks, fleas and all. I was so heartbroken."

Ashloy: "Is that why daddy loves you mom, cause you remind him of a caring kitten?"

Ashla: "Is it?" The two Cats look at the 22-year-old.

Royce: "When I was growing up, I wanted a pet, something to occupy my time with. A little furry friend, but my mom from where I'm from said I couldn't because it would aggravate my allergies, especially my breathing difficulties," Royce brings out one of his now many inhalers, "my face would puff up a small bit, eyes would get all itchy and hurt, things like that."

Ashla: "So how did you get a Cat?"

Royce: "Mother told me to promise that I wouldn't show any allergies, scratch my eyes, rub em, and that I'd promise that I would take care of the new addition, and treat him like I would another person. As a result, several days, a week, or month later... I get this little kitten, and I'm asked 'what would I like to call him'? My answer: Smoky."

Ashla: "Smoky? What kind of name is that?"

Royce: "Look, I was a child sweetheart and the first thing that came to my mind at the time was the color of smoke on his fur."

Ashla: "You mean the fur on his body was the color of smoke?"

Royce: "Yes. Exactly! Man... I miss that kitty."

Ashla: "Well..." Ashla begins to form a seductive smile on her face before thinking of something devious, "you got two kitties here, and one of them wants to play."

Royce: "Oh boy..."

Ashla soon realized what she said and how she said it, eventually taking it back.

Ashla: "I didn't mean it like that. Get your head out of the gutter!"

Royce: "My head? You were the one trying to talk all flirty, sexy and seductive like. How am I to blame?!" Royce then turns to his now turned 11-year-old child, "as for you, Ashloy, how would you like a sister?"

Ashloy: "Oh would I?!"

Ashla: "Why you asking her if she wants a sibling? It's not like we're going to have another child anytime soon!"

Ashloy: "Aww..."

Royce: "Are you still fuming about me and the Cat-slavery thing, Ashla?"

Ashla: "No."

Royce: "So you forgive me?"

Ashla: "Don't push your luck, Sweetheart."

Royce: "Ashla..."

Ashla: "What?!"

Royce: "Thank you for letting me explain myself. I do appreciate it. It would be another reason as to why I love cats, and any type of feline species," he then proceeds to approach his wife and hug her out of care, "I love you." As a result, she slowly wrapped her fur-covered arms around his neck.

Ashla: "Just so you know: I don't let many or any people justify their actions, but yours... you'll be something."