Chapter 63: Ashloy's 12th Birthday

Royce: "I said- she said "I was her 'Champion,' what is that suppose to mean? I mean I know what being someone's 'Champion' means, but how does Anubis want me or let me use her powers in her name? It all happened so fast."

Carmelita: "First of all, Royce, slow down. You just went up against, confronted and dealt with a deity; that's not something any normal person does every single day, you could've died for crying out loud," Carmelita explains to Royce, earning an annoyed look from him, "anyway, being Anubis' Champion just simply means that she has given you a portion of her powers, abilities and whatnot. When people look at you (as Anubis' Champion), they don't see you as an ordinary person. No... no, no, no, no, no, no, no... they see you as a symbol of a higher-entity, and in this case, Anubis. And, as a result of said representation of entity, people will either help you, harm you, fear you, possibly praise or worship and/or several others."

Royce: "I kinda knew that part Carmelita," Royce says to Carmelita sarcastically, with a hint of irritation. Then something came to Royces' mind, "Oh my gosh! Today's Ashloy's 12th birthday."

Everyone looks at Ashloy in shame, seeing that they forgot her Birthday just as much as Royce did, due to them being focused on Royce and the Deity problem and not her. As a result, everyone scattered to find a present for the now 12-year-old Siamese-Cat Human-hybrid.

Ashla: "Of all the days, today has to be a day in which we have to celebrate our daughter's Birthday, huh Royce?!" Ashla asked her husband as she was running alongside him, wanting to get a present for her daughter as much as Royce did, "So- what do you plan on getting her for today, of all days?"

Royce: "Beats me, something, I have no idea,"Royce answered Ashla, "What about you; got something in mind?"

Ashla: "I'm just as clueless as you are; honestly, I figured you would have come up with something." Ashla admitted to her 23-year-old human husband, "I'm assuming you may plan on getting something intriguing for little Ashloy? She tends to have a knack for oddities."

Royce: "That's a good idea my lovely Siamese Cat wife." Then noticed Royce whizzing by the sign that said "The Forbidden Zone," and refused to follow him any further. Royce then realized that his wife wasn't alongside him and stopped before looking at her, "what's wrong Ashla? The Forbidden Zone isn't dangerous anymore. There are no more Infected, it's safe now. Or- uh, 'safer,' that is."

Ashla: "And you're sure of that?" She replied skeptically.

Royce: "As sure as I can ever be." Royce told Ashla while rubbing the backside of his head, unassure if it was truly safe, despite what the deal he made with Anubis and if she kept her word, "look, if it helps ease your mind and anxiety, I made a deal with Anubis to rid of the undead creatures that plagued The Forbidden Zone and in return, I'd be her 'Champion,' okay?"

Ashla: "Okay fine, I trust you," she told Royce as Ashla began to enter the Forbidden Zone for the first time, while also expecting something bad to happen, rather it be bad or something she would regret doing. Suddenly something came up in Ashla's mind, "why does going into the Forbidden Zone so important; if you plan on getting our daughter a present? Is it THAT big of a deal for you, let alone her?"

Royce: "Someone being happy, let-alone appreciated, is THAT much of a big deal for me! In other words, yes, it's a pretty big deal for one of our daughters to be happy." Royce explains to his wife who seemed to calm down and relax, lessening her anxiety and stress a bit, "So Ashla... why are you really following after me? Do you still think I'm untrustworthy, after all that has happened?"

Ashla: "Noooo..." Ashla replied skeptically, "I just want to make sure that my favorite human-husband and father to my daughter is still in one piece by the of the day."