10

Lisa's POV

I was taken aback by her answer but I quickly hide it away, "Really?"

She looked away and nodded her head without looking at me. I didn't say anything for a second as I kept staring at the girl in front of me. I was wrong about her, I thought she wouldn't do it but it turned out that she would.

"You would sleep with someone you don't know just to make them your investor?" I asked her.

"No. It's just you. We are the same age and we went to the same school..." she hung her words in the air and shrugged her shoulder without looking at me.

"Wow." I blinked my eyes at her and walked backward away from her, "Unbelievable."

"Lisa, the company is my life. It's everything for me." she paused and sighed loudly, "I....You won't understand."

"Yeah...I don't understand you." I frowned then sat down on the sofa, "How can you sacrifice your body just to get someone's money?"

"No. I'm sacrificing my body to you..Not just someone else." She shook her head.

"Even if I tried to explain it to you. You won't understand."

"You will never understand." She finished and looked down, avoiding my stare.

"So your company is more important than yourself?" I asked her then crossed my legs while trying to understand why would she do that, "Is that what you were trying to say?"

"Without my company, I'm nothing." She explained it straight and short.

"Jennie, your life is more important than anything in this world." I tried to reason with her.

Jennie chuckled and she looked at me straight in the eye, "That's because you are a doctor."

"NO! But your life is more valuable than anything." my frustration grew the longer we argue with each other.

"My company is my life, Lisa!"

"If this one goes down, you can build another company but you can't have your life back-" she cut me off by shaking her head.

"You don't understand! It's what I have left!" she argued back and I could hear how frustrated she was.

"Jennie! You-" she cut me off again. "Would be my investor then?"

"No. I will never be your investor." I told her angrily while shaking my head.

"Then don't try to reason with me if you don't even want to help!" she paused and glared at me, "If you finished examining me, please get out. I don't want to talk to you."

"Jennie, your life is more important than anything in this world."

"If I sleep with someone else. Why are you fussing about it? It's my body and it's my decision." She looked at me and raised one of her eyebrows, "It's not like I'm going to commit suicide so why are you arguing about it with me?"

My mouth opened widely but nothing came out of it. Her question caught me off guard because she was right. Technically, I was only her doctor and not someone very close to her so if she decided to sleep with someone else, I have no right to say anything about it.

"You are right. You can sell your body or even become a mistress just to save your company.." I told her then looked away, ready to walk out of her room.

"What's wrong with you?!" she asked me.

I looked up, shook my head, and smiled at her faintly before walking out of the room with a disappointment in my face.

-