11

Jennie's POV

I stood in front of Manoban's residence and it was a huge. It was a two stories floor with a very high ceiling. I searched for the bell and pressed it. I waited several second until someone started talking on the speaker.

"Hello."

"Is this Lisa Manoban's house?"

"Yes..Who is this?"

"I'm Jennie. Can I talk to Mrs. Manoban?"

"Come in."

The gate suddenly opened automatically and I quickly walked towards my car and parked it inside the gate near the fountain. I quickly got up from my car and walked towards the main door. I knocked on the door, someone opened it from inside revealing a beautiful middle age woman wearing glasses. She looked pretty.

"I'm Lisa's mother." she smiled and moved away while opening the door.

"Ah.." I quickly bowed down and shook her hand, "Hello...I'm Jennie."

I followed her to the living room. "Please sit down. Lisa isn't home yet but she would be here soon." She smiled.

"Umm.. About that, I actually want to talk to..." I pointed my thumb at her.

"Ahh to me?"

I nodded my head and looked down,"Y-Yes..Mrs. Manoban."

"No need with the formalities..Just call me auntie." She smiled while nodding her head.

"Auntie, I'm Lisa's high school friend." I paused while playing with my finger because I was very nervous.

"I know. Lisa talked about you back then." She said with a serious tone.

I quickly looked up and opened my mouth but nothing came out of my mouth. I felt like someone squeezed the air out of my lungs.

"I came here to apologize. I'm sorry for what I did, auntie." I looked down then pressed my lips together.

"I was trying to search for Lisa after the incident but she moved away...Until recently I met her father and Lisa too. So, when I found out about your address, I quickly came here to apologize."

"I know...me and my husband been keeping an eye on you all this time."

"I'm glad that you came here to apologize but the past is past...So there is no need to dwell on it." she said and it caught me off guard, "But you need to apologize to Lisa."

I looked up straight away and the older lady was smiling sweetly at me. She patted my shoulder. I nodded my head.

"By the way, do you like my daughter?"

"Um...I-" I was cut off when I heard Lisa's voice, filling the house.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Lisa asked angrily as she took off her jacket.

I was surprised by her sudden loud voice behind me. I turned around to face her and she was walking hurriedly towards us.

"Lalisa Manoban, be nice to your guest!"

"But mama...She is-"

Her mother cut her off while nodding her head, "I know."

I just stood there quietly while staring at them. They continued arguing but then I could hear someone let out a long sighed. I felt someone's hand on my wrist. I looked down and saw Lisa's hand gripping tightly on my wrist.

The next thing I know I was being dragged by her into her room. She walked so fast before I could even protest then she closed the door after we got inside the room. She quickly turned around while glaring at me.

"What the hell are you doing here? Don't think that I would sign it just because you-"

I cut her off before she could say something, "I'm not here for that."

"Then what else do you want?!" she snapped at me and threw her jacket on the bed.

"I came here to apologize to your mom...If the company has to go down then it will go down right?"

My frowned turned into a smile when I remember my conversation with her mom. The heavy feeling inside my heart finally decreased a little and it felt so good.

"You seem happy that your company is going down." she mumbled while staring at my face.

"Am I?" I asked her back without moving an inch.

"Unless you know that my mother will force me to put the money into your company. I don't see the reason why you are smiling right now." she explained.

"If I knew, I would mention it to her earlier." I chuckled and she knitted her eyebrows at me.

"Don't you dare! I told-"

I cut her off by grabbing her face. I leaned closer then whispered softly, "It was more than that. I came here not because of the company." I paused then pulled away from her, "There's two important things in my life. My company and..."

-