18

Lisa's POV

"Scalpel." I said and the nurse handed it.

I started to open the body with the scalpel and started the operation. Everything went well for a while as I did my job to the patient until the table started to turn out of a sudden.

"Doctor, his blood pressure is still dropping."

"I know but I haven't found the other leak yet." I replied while trying to find the last leak as fast as I could before his condition turn even worst.

"Doctor, his condition is getting worst."

I tried to stay calm after hearing the nurse's statement. I still tried to find the leak but the nursed started reminding me again with the same statement.

His condition kept getting worst every second that passed by. I might lose this patient if I didn't find the last leak as soon as possible. A pool of blood started to form as I kept trying to find the last leak and it made me harder to see.

"I need more light and suction! Too much bleeding!" I tried to find the leak as fast as I could because the patient blood pressure kept decreasing and it's not good at all.

"Doctor, he's gone into cardiac arrest!"

"NO! Stay with me! Get the defibrillator!" I asked the nurse and they quickly prepared it.

"180 joules!" I grabbed the paddle and positioned it, "Charge!"

"STAY WITH ME!"

--

I sat down on the chair, rested my arms on the table and buried my face on my palm. Losing a patient was the worst feeling. Other than being rejected by Jennie. My day couldn't get any worst than this.

I heard the door opened. I looked up and I saw Chaeyoung walking towards my desk. She sat down in front of me with her arms folded on her chest.

"You did your best, Lisa. Don't blame yourself." she tried to console me and I nodded my head but I didn't say anything.

"You know...I've never seen you take a break. Why don't you take a break for several days?" she asked.

I took a deep breath then sighed again without saying anything. I didn't open my eyes and I kept leaning my head on the chair.

"Go somewhere with Jennie. I see you guys getting closer from the way you smile and daydreaming."

"She rejected me." I told her the truth.

"Really?" Chaeyoung asked and leaned on the armrest. "Why?"

"She said it was just a one night stand."

"You guys had sex already?!" she asked me surprised, "That's fast."

I bit my lower lips then nodded my head, "Well we knew each other from high school..."

"You know, you are a nice person. Maybe it was new to her that's why-" I cut her off by shaking my head.

"I don't want to talk about it, Chae." I shook my head again, "It broke my heart even more." I frowned while making a sad face.

Being rejected by Jennie is worst than anything in my life. I loved her for a very long time and I was happy when we did it.

"C'mon cheer up! Don't try to be dramatic with me!" she rolled her eyes then laughed, breaking my thought.

I bit my tongue then laughed with her, "Hmp, I'm not being a dramatic."

She nodded her head and raised her eyebrows while grinning, "Definitely you are!"

"Shut up chipmunk!" I laughed at her but she just shrugged it off, "You didn't make me feel better."

"Yet you are smiling after hearing her name." she stuck her tongue out.