12

Jennie's POV

I stopped because I almost told her about my past. l shook my head and stepped backward.

"And..." she followed what I said while waiting for me to continue.

"Don't worry about it." I paused and looked down while shaking my head, "I lost both of them already."

She looked at me while frowning but she didn't say anything.

"So it's nice to see you, Lisa." I paused and turned around looking away from her, "I won't bother you anymore because this is the last time I will ever see you. So I'm deeply sorry for what I did back then in high school." I finished.

"Where are you going?" she quickly asked me and I could hear concern in her voice.

"Going down with my company." I joked then laughed while staring at her huge TV.

It was partly true. My company is all I have left. So if it's going down then I have no reason to live anymore.

"What?" she asked me from behind.

I only smiled at her then looked around the room but my eyes stopped at those pictures hanging on the wall. It was mostly Lisa's pictures.

"I will put the money into the company just don't do something stupid." She started talking again, breaking my thought.

"What?" I chuckled then turned around to face her again, I stood in front of her then squeezed her shoulder slowly, "You don't have to pity me. I don't need your pity."

"No." she shook her head and bit her tongue.

"No?"

She shook her head again and put her hand inside her pocket, "I don't pity you."

"So why do you care if I go down with my company? You are not my friend. I hurt you. Did you forget about that?" I reminded her again then laughed slowly while looking down, avoiding her eyes.

"I just care." She mumbled quietly.

I quickly pulled my head up and stared at her. Her confession caught me off guard but she was already looking away, avoiding my eyes.

"I will put my money into your company. It wasn't that big amount of money anyway." She looked at me seriously then continued, "Just don't do something stupid."

"What if I do something stupid? What are you going to do?" I asked her while moving closer towards her.

She quickly glared at me, "I will ask you to move in with me into my new house so I can watch over you!"

"It seems like I have a possessive girlfriend." I put my hands on my chest pretending to be shocked by her statement and teased her even more.

"I'm a doctor and it's my duty to save people's life and not killing it!" she explained.

"So do I have to sleep with you?" I asked her all of a sudden.

"What?!!" She quickly shook her head and she looked away, I could see a bit of redness on her cheek.

"No..NO!" she finished and shook her head again.

I grasped her face with my hand and turned it towards my face, "Are you blushing?"

I looked at her and she was staring back at me innocently. Her face became even redder than before the longer she looked into my eyes.

She pulled her head away, "Come on...I  will drive you back."

"I can drive myself." I told her then quickly walked out of her room but I turned my head towards her before I opened the door, "Thank you for helping me."

I smiled at her and she bit her lower lips while staring at me.

-