CHAPTER 2

2.

"AMICA... AMICA..."

I can hear my name. It felt like I was still in my dream. I was hearing my name in my dream. I was completely absorbed in a deep sleep and refused to open my eyes. I didn't care who called me, all I wanted was to take more sleep. But somebody was shaking my body and I can feel it. It wasn't in the dream instead it was real, somebody was touching me.

"Wake up AMICA...EMI..."

The moment I heard her name, I shot open my eyes and stood up. I was alert when I heard the name. My vision was blurred and I slowly rubbed my eyes. Then, I saw one of the girls who work with us, was sitting on the bed beside me.

"What happens?" I asked her and held my head with my hands. There was a pain in my head. I felt like my head was heavy and hurting a lot. What's going on? What is happening to me? Why am I having a headache at this time?

"E-EMI... S-She... is..." I can hear her stuttering. Then, I turned towards her and glared at her. She was nervous and quiet. I grabbed her arms looking directly into her eyes.

"EMI? What happened to her?" I asked her. All of a sudden, I was feeling dizzy and lean back on the bed. Then, I saw water on the side table. I grabbed the water bottle and poured it on my face. I shook my head and rubbed my face with my hands. I tried to look around the room and she wasn't there.

"Where is she? EMI... EMI?" I shouted and called her name hoping she would be somewhere. I tried to stand up from the bed but I was having a severe headache. "Urgh... What is happening to me?"

I held one hand on my head and tried to stand properly but failed. My eyes were filled with tears as the pain was unbearable. I wasn't able to handle myself as I was trying to move, trying to lessen the pain. One of the girls helped me to stand up and took me to the bathroom. I washed my face again and again and poured some water into my head until I felt relief. Then, she handed me the towel and cleaned my face with it. Straight away, I remember about EMI.

"What happened to her? Where is she?" I turned around and asked her. She stayed quiet and played with her fingers. I grabbed her both arms and made her face me. I looked directly into her eyes that were filled with tears. I was scared, confused, and nervous at the same time.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her but still, she was quiet. Slowly, I was getting angry and annoyed as she didn't speak a word. So first of all, I tried to calm down myself and took a deep sigh. I was curious as I can feel something was wrong. The feeling was weird as she was nowhere in the room. I wasn't able to think properly.

"SPEAK UP" I shouted at her and she was startled. I don't care about her. All I want to know was about EMI. I want to know where is she and why is she not in the room. I was crossing my own limits of anger as she was standing quietly in front of me.

"E-EMI... s-she... is..."

"What happens to her?" I shook her arms. I didn't care whether I was loud or not. All I want to know was about EMI.

"SHE IS DEAD," The moment she said those words, I was shocked. I wasn't able to believe what I just hear. The words that I have never imagined. The words that always make me scared as hell.

"You are joking with me. Just say to me, it's a joke. You are lying to me." I left her arm and stepped back. "EMI... I know you're here. Come out EMI. You know I don't like such jokes." I shouted and tried to look for her around the room.

"How can you say something like that? I know it's some kind of prank. EMI, show yourself in front of me. EMI..." I shouted and searched for her everywhere. I was going insane while walking around the room. I want to see you in front of me. Immediately, she grabbed my arms and stopped me.