⚡️Chapter 27⚡️

Lillian Knight

Lillian refused to talk about any of what had happened the night before, she was actively avoiding all members of the crime fighting team, her boyfriend included. So naturally she found herself at Jitters letting Iris chat her ear off.

"Oh my god, Lil, you would think I ran over her dog with the way she was screaming at me." Iris ranted, adding ice to a drink as Lillian leaned against the counter and listened. "All because we were out of oat milk. How rude."

"Awful." Lillian commented softly. "People are awful."

Iris could tell her friend was upset but there was no getting anything out of her, so Iris opted to bring peppy and cheerful for her friend. "Where's Barry?"

Lillian shrugged, she really wasn't sure and she did not care to know because that meant facing him. "I haven't seen him since yesterday." She hadn't seen him since she cried to sleep in his arms on the bathroom floor, metahuman crisis. She woke up alone in bed with no note. Lillian was starting to loathe metahumans and hearing the voices scream eighty times louder than normal today.

"He wasn't home last night?"

Lillian frowned, taking a quick sip of tea "For all of twenty minutes before Star Labs called."

"Does it ever bother you?" Iris found herself asking. "How much time he spends there?"

Lillian was too depressed to lie, if she was being honest she felt angry Barry left. "It does, but for his sake I'm steering clear of that place for a while. What am I supposed to tell him? He'll just give me puppy dog eyes and tell me they saved our lives. They're the ones that hurt us in the first place."

"You really think he would choose them over you?" Iris asked, surprised by the cops answer.

"He has before. Why wouldn't he again?" Lillian sighed, having no clue Barry had heard what she said as he came in treated side entrance. He quickly brushed it off and walked up to the counter with a smile.

"Hey, what are you two up to?" Barry chirped as Iris prepared his regular. His hand moved to wrap around his girlfriends waist but she shifted so he wouldn't touch her. Iris noticed but pretended she didn't see anything.

"Lillian is on nights this week so she's keeping me company." Iris explained as she handed Barry his hot coffee.

"You're on nights this week?" Barry asked, surprised that she hadn't told him.

"Yeah, Singh needed someone on nights so I volunteered." Lillian stirred her tea, unable to look at her boyfriend in the face. She felt as if she were going to burst into tears at any moment, and Barry's presence wasn't helping. "Uh-I've gotta run. Bye Iris."

She didn't leave time for anyone to question her as she turned and left the crowded coffee shop, Barry right on her heels.

"Lilly-Lil! Wait up!" Barry called as he snagged her sleeve. Lillian pulled away from him on the busy sidewalk, avoiding eye contact as she grumbled "What is it, Allen?"

"Did I do something wrong? What's going on?" Barry asked, ignorant as ever.

"What's going on?" Lilly scoffed, not believing her idiotic boyfriend. "Did you forget last night? Did whatever stupid metahuman you fought bonk you too hard on the fucking head? I don't know if you recall, Allen, but myself and our baby were ripped in two by Harrison Wells. He killed me. He killed me and then you run to him. Do you remember that?"

"Of course I do!" Barry snapped, quietly as they were on the street. "It was real for me, Cisco called me and told me you were dead, the next minute I was back here. So yes, Lillian, I remember."