⚡️Chapter 20⚡️

Lillian Knight

"How long has she been on her feet?" Caitlin demanded as Lillian and Barry entered the Cortex.

"Let's face it," Barry sighed. "There was no way anyone was stopping her."

"Whipped." Cisco coughed from his work station before Lillian joined him and got to work.

"What can we do for you Miss Knight?" Doctor Wells inquired as he watched Lillian work like a mad woman.

"Since Caitlin ever so graciously informed Captain Singh that I have developed an extremely severe case of acrophobia, claiming that I was so petrified of heights that I couldn't go near the apartment windows. Thanks for that Cait. Anyways, during my free time Athena and I uncovered something." Lillian explained, pulling a map of Central City on the main screens.

"Athena is programmed to detect speed anomalies clocking over three hundred miles per hour. That's how I tracked Barry, whom clocks at an average of eight hundred and seventy miles per hour. Clearly we know that he isn't the only speedster. This man in yellow—"

"-Reverse Flash." Cisco interrupted, since Lillian didn't know of the ongoing tradition.

"The Reverse Flash, he is still out there so I tried tracking him. I was not very lucky in triangulating his precise location due to his speed. I've only manage to pinpoint small bursts were he clocked within Athenas range. And I can confirm he has been in at least one place in the past few days." Lillian said, pointing to various places on the map.

"The sewer system." Doctor Wells announced, after studying the map. "But that was four days ago."

"Like I said," Lillian began in frustration. "I can only track bursts, the moments he goes slower. He leaves traceable tachyon particles behind in those small pockets. I'm sorry, this was the only one I could trace."

Caitlin rubbed Lillian's back in reassurance. "It's fine Lilly, it's amazing you could even track him at all. We've been trying for months with nothing to show for it."

Cisco plopped down in his desk chair, spinning towards the group "Speaking of nothing to show, I've been going over the footage from that night we tried to capture the Reverse Flash and nothing adds up. There was no way he should have been able to get out of the force field. All systems were operating perfectly until Lillian severed the power lines with an arrow."

"Sorry." Lillian muttered, leaning against Barry whom had wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"You saved my life, Miss Knight, you did what you had to." Doctor Wells waved off her guilt, though she felt something completely and utterly off with him. She felt hostility and nervousness radiating off of him.

"It was badass!" Cisco admitted, his eyes bright with excitement. "The design of your suit, completely and utterly amazing. If you are joining the team I would love to work on it, add a few extra features."

Lillian chuckled, glancing at each individual in the room. "Just because I'm joining the team doesn't mean I am giving you access to my gear. I have already allowed Athena to help operate Star Labs, she is one of the four things I do not typically share. My suit, Athena, Olympus and my precious bow."

Barry grinned, looking like a child on Christmas morning. "She shares Olympus with me, it's pretty badass. She's got weapons, top notch technology even a salmon ladder. It's way more badass than the Arrow Cave."

Lillian turned and gave her boyfriend a hard look "Arrow Cave? Did Felicity bring you there?"

Barry set his hand on her cheeks, calming her nerves with his mere touch and his soothing green eyes. "Hey, we all know about Oliver. Doctor Wells figured it out."