⚡️Chapter 9⚡️

Lillian Knight

"Late once again Allen. Like does it physically pain you to be on time?" Lillian asked the forensic scientist as he bent to to examine the body.

Barry laughed dryly, snapping photos of the scorched corpse "That's cute Knight. Real cute." He took a picture from another angle, a question escaping his lips "What about you? Does it pain you to actually sleep? You were gone before I even woke up this morning."

Lillian crossed her arms over her chest, a teasing smile gracing her lips "Was that a 'thank you Lilly for leaving me a pre made breakfast because you knew I'd be running late'? Because that isn't what it sounded like to me."

Barry rolled his eyes, rising to his feet. "Thank you Lilly for making me breakfast since you knew I'd be running late." Lillian chuckled as Barry kissed her cheek and began explaining the situation to Joe and Eddie.

"Knight!" shouted Captain Singh, waving her over. Lillian sighed dramatically, looking to Barry who was climbing a work platform "I am being summoned. I'll be home a little later tonight, Queen Consolidated called. They sent me some files to the station."

Barry nodded, taking another picture before pleading "Pick up some pizza on the way home?" Lillian smiled, agreeing to his plea "Of course. Bye Joe, Eddie."

Once Lillian was out of ear shot Joe began laughing at Barry as Eddie snickered. "What?" Barry asked, sliding under the rails and landing on the ground.

"You and Lilly. It's like you've been married for years. It's adorable."

Barry blushed, putting his camera in his bag as Eddie asked "Didn't you two move in together?"

"Wha-no. It's not like that. She's crashing at my place until she finds a new apartment. Oliver is finding her a place in the area." Barry explained.

Eddie and Joe gave each other knowing looks before nodding in doubt "Of course."

⚡️

"Thank you so much Ollie! This means a lot to me, you guys need to stop by soon. I'll keep you updated until then okay?" Lillian said into the phone with joy as she sat at her desk down in the main office, since Barry was having a private conversation up in his lab with Joe. "Course Zippy. Anything to be sure you aren't living with Allen."

Laughing Lillian retorted firmly "And when you visit you're going to be nice to him. Not a prickly ass."

"Bye Lilly."

"Bye Ollie."

Barry walked up to Lillian's desk, a forced smile on his lips. "I'm heading to Star Labs, I'll be there a while." Lillian could tell something was bothering him but she didn't pry. She smiled softly, gently taking his hand as she stood "Okay. Pepperoni, olive and jalapeño pizza sound good?"

Barry couldn't help but smile at the blonde, finding happiness in her though his powers had been completely drained from him, Lillian Knight gave him hope that he would be the Flash again. "Sounds perfect. I'll tell the gang you say hey."

Lillian stood on her tiptoes, planting a kiss to the corner of his mouth before pulling away and nodding "I might be back later than you, sometimes I forget the hassle of being a billionaire. But if it means I can order dinner from Italy then so be it."

Barry laughed before moving to depart "I'll see you at home Lil, promise you won't get yourself kidnapped."

"I promise Allen."