⚡️Chapter 26⚡️

Yes, I updated 😹 I'm sorry I've been absent but Honors college + life + work = no time to write. Lol, bare with me and I'll do my best to get you new chapters!

Lillian Knight

⚡️

Lillian was hardly fazed as the front door of the West residence flew open just four minutes after it had closed, revealing her boyfriend and pizza for all. Usually those two as a combo would make the young cop prodigy very excited, but the subject they were gathered to discuss was going to be highly intense, a subject she had be itching to address for months.

Her mind had been plagued for weeks now with images of Doctor Wells killing her with the power of a speedster, the voices in her head egging the visions on.

"Pizza from Coast City?"

"Supposedly the best in the west." Barry grinned, as if they weren't about to alter the dynamic of their lives.

"Okay, six months of investigating Harrison Wells has led us nowhere, so we're going back to the beginning to see what we can find out." Joe started off the meeting, taking charge as Lillian sat quietly.

"What does that mean?"

"Road trip, baby." Cisco cheered, fist bumping Joe.

"Cisco and Joe are gonna go to Starling City." Barry clarified, plopping down next to his girlfriend.

"Starling? What for?" Caitlin asked in confusion, still not turned on to investigating Wells in the first place.

"To investigate the car accident that Wells and Tess Morgan got into fifteen years ago."

"I-I don't understand. Why?" Caitlin asked, still wanting to defend her mentor.

"Doctor McGee said that after the accident that he became like a complete stranger, just a different person entirely." Barry explained, his arm resting across Lillian's lap as he leaned into the couch.

"Because the love of his life died?" Caitlin challenged. "You, above all people, should know how grief can change a person."

"Caitlin," Lillian finally spoke up, wanting to put her piece in. "We believe that Wells is the Reverse Flash and that he killed Barry's mother, and he may of done the same thing to Tess Morgan. We're lucky I don't put an arrow in his chest on principle."

"Can you guys cover for me with Doctor Wells?" Cisco asked hopefully.

"You mean lie?" Caitlin stammered, earning a groan from Lillian.

"Yes, Cait, lie. You're serving on a vigilante heroes team, you lie everyday. Adding this to the list won't damn you. Just lie to the murderous bastard." Lillian shrugged, not understanding why her friend found a simple thing like lying so wrong.

"I need some air." Caitlin dismissed herself, briskly leaving the West residence.

"Doesn't seem like Caitlin is on board."

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her." Barry reassured, rising from the couch as Lillian slouched further into the cushions.

"You want some backup in Starling, Joe? Used to be my turf." Lillian offered up her services as she kicked her feet up on the coffee table, making herself comfortable.