⚡️Chapter 8⚡️

Lillian Knight

Lillian awoke with a start, sitting straight up. She didn't recognize her surroundings until she saw Barry's face enter her line of vision. Her breathing was choked sobs, her heart rate; erratic, she was suffering a panic attack.

"Shhh.... shhh.... it's okay, you're fine. You're here with me. You're safe." Barry rasped, tucking her hair behind her ears in an attempt to calm her. The voices screamed within her head, making her feel like she were a bag of popcorn about to explode because you left it in the microwave for to long.

Her eyes met Barry's emerald eyes that reminded her of a quiet and peaceful forest, Lillian's labored breathing slowed until it was normal. "You feeling better now?"

Lillian nodded, pressing a hand to her forehead as she gasped "Completely fine, sorry I woke you." Barry ran a hand through his hair, waving the matter off entirely "It doesn't matter, it's morning anyways. But what does matter is you. Lilly, you were talking in your sleep about voices, that they wouldn't stop."

Lillian acted confused, as if she had no clue of what Barry was talking about "I was? I don't even remember what I was dreaming about..."

Barry, thankfully, bought it. "Since it's already eight do you want to get up or go back to sleep?"

Lillian liked sleeping in as much as anyone, but she couldn't go back to sleep after the restless one she had just had. "Get up, I'm not tired any more."

Barry smiled, trying to cheer her up as best he could "Why don't we eat some breakfast and head to Jitters for coffee?" Lillian nodded, returning the smile as best she could "Of course. We wouldn't want Iris shoving a microscope up your ass now would we?"

Barry chuckled, plopping back onto the bed with a tired grin "Just five more minutes. I don't have to go into work until after lunch and Captain Singh wants you to take a few days off." Lillian rolled her eyes, picking at her Star Labs sweatshirt "Well if we get up and moving we can swing by Star Labs and bring the gang lunch."

Barry's smile didn't fade as he gently pulled her back into the comfort of his bed. "Do even know how to sleep in? Or you know, at least relax and stay in bed a couple extra minutes?"

Lillian moved into his warm embrace, letting out a dry laugh as she looked him in the eyes "That's cute Allen, really. But you are just a tardy kind of guy while I like being punctual."

Barry played with her hair, he loved doing so. Her hair was big and poofy, wild, simply untamable. "Well I guess opposites do attract."

They laid quietly for a few minutes, Lillian fidgeting every few seconds.

"It is physically impossible for you to stay still isn't it?" Barry laughed, sitting up so he hovered over her slightly. Lillian pouted, rolling her eyes at him "I am used to living alone, I usually just get up and go."

Barry rolled out of bed, running a hand through his tousled hair "Are you used to getting kidnapped? Because I'm temped to kidnap you to make sure everyone else stops kidnapping you."

Lillian opened her bag, finding a fresh pair of clothes and her makeup bag. She had never really worn makeup but I guess Iris just grabbed what was out. "Getting kidnapped should be part of the job description, I can't tell you how many times I've been kidnapped, taken hostage, there was that one time I was out of for ransom, that was mostly in Gotham though, Metropolis being a close second."

Barry lifted an eyebrow as he opened his closet door to find some clean clothes. "I don't mean this offensively, but who would want to kidnap you and why?"